• 1 Post By sennister
  • 1 Post By Superglidesport

Thread: Thatcher for Z9xx

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Thanks

Thatcher for Z9xx

I was messing around on my dealer's website looking at used machines and saw a 2016 Z950R that they have which is just like mine. One difference is that it has a Thatcher on it. I don't recall this being a JD Option so probably aftermarket. Any ideas what brand it is? I sent an email to my sales guy. This unit is at a different store in the chain but I am sure he will make a quick phone call for me.

You can see the black mounting bracket behind the caster wheels:

Gizmo2, JKR and PJR832 like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sennister For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2†(02-03-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Dealer already sent me an answer. Well kind of. He didn't say the brand. Just that it is an aftermarket option that they have. He thought it was $740 in the box or $900 installed.

I might look at modification options for the one I have on my X585. Or $740 buys a lot of fuel for running a pass with the X and pickup with the Z. The kids are about old enough to make that first pass for me.
    Gizmo2 and PJR832 like this.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:39 AM
    Thanks
    It looks like the standard duty version of my CMP Attachments dethatcher. I use mine on the front of my 1025r.

https://www.cmpattachmentsllc.com/zero-turn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PJR832 likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cheesetrain For This Useful Post:

sennister†(02-04-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    It looks like the standard duty version of my CMP Attachments dethatcher. I use mine on the front of my 1025r.

Hmm, that does look like it. Thanks. If nothing else it gives me some ideas should I opt to modify what I have.

Initially I was thinking that the one I have might be too small. I have a 54" deck on the X585 so it is probably in the 50" range and the Z950R has the 60" deck. However it wouldn't be that big of a deal to have overlap as I am picking up the debris.
    PJR832 likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    If you do decide to take the leap also consider JRCO. They make some seriously nice commercial mower attachments.

I have the three-point CMP dethatcher that I use a couple of times a year. It's a nice unit. I also have JRCO's front mount blower buggy that I use for leaf clean-up. The JRCO unit is a step-up from the CMP in terms of design and materials.

Tine Rake Dethatcher - 470 Series | JRCO Inc
    PJR832 likes this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 06:43 PM
    Thanks
    Iced used this with a z4xx and a z925 and for something thatís used for about an hour twice a season at $200 works great.
    https://www.deere.com/en_ASIA/produc...cherator.page?

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog9586 View Post
    Iced used this with a z4xx and a z925 and for something thatís used for about an hour twice a season at $200 works great.
    https://www.deere.com/en_ASIA/produc...cherator.page?
    That is probably pretty similar to what we have now. I know it has an extension on each side. Base width is probably about 40" tack on the extensions and I would guess it is about 50"-54" I never measured it. The bid difference is it is designed to mount to the front of the tractor so you can use it at the same time as the MCS so you can dethatch and pick up everything in one pass. I don't want to mess with dragging out and hooking up the mower deck and MCS for that one pass around the yard a year. So my thoughts are to either modify it to fit the Z950R or just have the kids run it as is. The only problem with the as is option is I have to take the FEL off. Not really a big deal. I have it off anyhow this time of year as the X585 is set up for snow removal with the plow or blower. So leave the blade on until spring when I am ready to run the thatcher around. Then once that is done clean up the mess with the Z950R and put the FEL on for the summer. It would be a bigger deal if it was something I used a couple times a year. Actually another option would be to modify it to fit a Class I hitch. We have a small hitch on the golf cart. Drag it behind the golf cart. I do that now with the plugger. The kids have been driving that for a couple years. They haven't been allowed to drive the tractor. May daughter is now 12 and I was cutting grass at that age. Before when I was thinking of a pull behind unit I was thinking of getting an Estate Rake A little more money but it windrows everything. Make a pass with that then a much quicker pass with the Z950R.

JD X585, 54C deck,

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post

Hey, thread's only a year old, so...

Am looking at the LT version of the dethatcher. Have a 1025r, but the 2 lawns that I'd be using them on are quite small & am wary that it'd be difficult to turn the SCUT. Have a Toro MX5075 ZTR that I'd actually like to use it on, but there's a weight bracket on the front. Emailed CMP Mon, but no response so far - could be weather problems there. Think it would work on my ZTR? Did you have to make mods for it to fit the 1025r?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toro MX5075 front.jpg
    Last edited by dianedebuda; 01-26-2019 at 10:52 AM.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:39 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    Hey, thread's only a year old, so...

Am looking at the LT version of the dethatcher. Have a 1025r, but the 2 lawns that I'd being using them on are quite small & am wary that it'd be difficult to turn the SCUT. Have a Toro MX5025 ZTR that I'd actually like to use it on, but there's a weight bracket on the front. Emailed CMP Mon, but no response so far - could be weather problems there. Think it would work on my ZTR? Did you have to make mods for it to fit the 1025r?
    I donít see why it wouldnít work. Be prepared to drill some holes, both in the dethatcher and your Toro potentially.

On my 1025r my dethatcher bolts to the holes in front frame that the weight bracket bolts to. I choose this route as the holes are in the center of the frame. I had to make the bracket for the hydraulic lift of my dethatcher as using the handle just would not work. I tried to mount it on my loader bracket which worked, but the leverage needed to lift the dethatcher required both hands and one foot to push against the bracket.

1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements