997 rear discharge enclosure kit mounting

Thread: 997 rear discharge enclosure kit mounting

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 07:32 PM
    Thanks

997 rear discharge enclosure kit mounting

I am mounting a rear discharge mower deck and need to figure out how to mount the enclosure kit. Didn't come with instructions. There is 4 eye nuts that are bolted on but no holes in the frame to put on. Same with the spring carriage bolts. If I need to drill 6 holes that is fine if i know where.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Travis" on WFM
    First year 332 with H3 added X 2, JD 3 pt, JD factory delux seat with flip pan. 430 rear diff. 430 fender deck(have two that are mirror copies of themselves). 420, two more 332's.
    Attachments:JD 44 loader, JD 50 inch mowing deck, JD 48 replacement mowing deck JD 47 two stage snow blower, JD Hyd 42 Tiller, Gannon Earthcavator 42 inch 3 point mount, Cozy cab, JD 20 plow, Brinly 12 inch plow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 07:32 PM
    Thanks
    I think I figured it out. There is a hole before the drive axle and ne higher and behind the axle. The spring hole was harder to confirm and I didn't use what jd had as a carriage bolt wouldn't work.

Found out the gear box mount is different in the switch. So I spend a couple hours rather then spend 130 to make the 60 side discharge work. Torch the pulley drive hole and drill the holder bolt holes and trim some.

After 3000 hours the pin to raise the deck in the cylinder was worn about through as are the lift chains and bolts. The belt tensio. Spring was also about worn through and the idler pulleys that can't be greased are not the best either. The deck wheels wear pretty loose and hard to remove the one I tried.

Totally worth putting this deck on. No more worrying about grass on the driveway. Or blowing out my siding. Or windrowing th grass into piles that prevents the grass from growing. Good to go for another 3000 hours. Fyi I bought used at about 2900 hours.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Travis" on WFM
    First year 332 with H3 added X 2, JD 3 pt, JD factory delux seat with flip pan. 430 rear diff. 430 fender deck(have two that are mirror copies of themselves). 420, two more 332's.
    Attachments:JD 44 loader, JD 50 inch mowing deck, JD 48 replacement mowing deck JD 47 two stage snow blower, JD Hyd 42 Tiller, Gannon Earthcavator 42 inch 3 point mount, Cozy cab, JD 20 plow, Brinly 12 inch plow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements