• 3 Post By Jeff B

Thread: Tire change on my scag

1. Top | #1
    JKR
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Thanks

Tire change on my scag

I mow some hill that are about 15 degrees. I saw a guy useing this v thread tire and I liked it.
    They are Carlisle AT101 they work well on the side of the hill and down. The steering is more sensitive I think because of less slippage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, keefus and 2 others like this.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Thanks
    I must admit, I do like those Scags.
    Those tires look like they would deliver more forward and reverse traction than side traction, but you say they hold side hills pretty good eh?
    Old Cajun likes this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

4. Top | #3
    JKR
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    I must admit, I do like those Scags.
    Those tires look like they would deliver more forward and reverse traction than side traction, but you say they hold side hills pretty good eh?
    I didn't see any diffance in riding along the side of the hill, It did make a big diffance in going up and down the hill.
    No sliding that can give you a feeling if insecurity.
    Old Cajun likes this.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,013 Posts
    I've thought of getting those for a little more traction than the turf tires it came with, then I think the leaving a divot
    potential on a quick turn would really increase.

Every now and then, when not paying attention to keep both wheels moving, I leave a divot with the turf tires.
    Gizmo2 and JKR like this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    I've thought of getting those for a little more traction than the turf tires it came with, then I think the leaving a divot
    potential on a quick turn would really increase.

Every now and then, when not paying attention to keep both wheels moving, I leave a divot with the turf tires.
    If you saw my lawn you could probably put as many divots in it as you wanted without even changing the ambience of the homestead...
    JKR, Old Cajun and 69project like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-20-2018 @ 10:45 AM
    Thanks
    This type of "bar" tire is the type tire I have seen on most all of the Grasshopper ZTR's I see in my area (Carlisle, Pa.). I actually did demo a Grasshopper 930D this past week. This ZTR had that very same tire on it and yes, it did make a divot when doing the turn. I was trying to be careful but even so, I still managed to "bare" the ground. I'm thinking the more this tire wears the "crisp" edge along both sides to the bar will eventually round over and make it less severe to the turf when turning. Grasshopper front mounted mower deck machines have different attachments that can connect to the front of the machine with the mower deck removed - I think maybe this tire is an advantage to those attachments.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements