Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HunterWare

Thread: used Z655 - opinions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-03-2019 @ 03:38 PM
    Thanks

used Z655 - opinions

I'm looking at a used '14 Z655: 240hrs, Kawasaki FS730, TT TZT-7 Hydro, 54" HC, Suspension Seat (2 springs), separate Choke/Throttle

I'm mowing a bit over 2A of rolling bumpy fields (0-10deg), and wow, it was a ton faster and easier on me than using my 1026R w/ 60D deck.

I blew it down and wiped everything, mowed, and then left it on clean cardboard for several hours. It left a small (2"x1") stain (but no pooling) directly under the right hydro's drain plug. It otherwise seems to run clean and start easily. The mower seems move well, although it's a little fiddly to drive straight in reverse. It feels like the controls are stronger and more even in forward. Generally it is scuffed up a bit but looks solid and generally cared for. Oil in engine is mostly clean, Air filter similar. Blades are sharp and haven't hit anything to bend or chip them.

I don't see all that much about the Z655 and I was wondering if it's a solid model, if that hydro is repairable if needed, and if $2.9k is a good price for it? (or if I should keep looking)

Thanks,
    Hunter
    Last edited by HunterWare; 06-18-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    1026R TLB (53", Artillian diverter, Ken's Hooks), 260BH (thumb, step), 60D MMM, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, land plane, tiller, aerator, Artillian forks, 50" wicked grapple
    IS700z (27HP B&S commercial, 61Ē deck)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-13-2018 @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    Iím on the 4th season with my Z655. Itís a beast. I cut approx 3acres plus my neighbors, who seems allergic to lawn mowing. Sometimes his is rather tall and Iím amazed how it powers through with hardly a bog down.
    For no other reason but the deck, if I had to do it again, I would buy a commercial model. No issues but a welded deck is more appealing to me.

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,097 Times in 3,021 Posts
    Sounds like a cheap price to me.
    Hydro motors and or pumps aren't cheap.
    I like the commercial units also.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    05-03-2019 @ 03:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for replying =)

Just to close the loop: I wound up comparing this one with a couple year old Ferris IS700z and the Ferris just won me over. I decided to go with a new one (27hp B&S commercial, 61Ē ICD). Even without the fully independant suspension of the IS2100z, I was really impressed by the coil-over swing arm front suspensionís effectiveness at eating up bumps. Add that to the coil-over rear suspension (with a soft and spring loaded seat) and you get a really smoothed out ride. The ICD fabricated deck is a monster, in fact the whole thing is... it weighs over 1100lbs. But itís nimble, and planted on hills, and feels really solid.

Thanks again,
    Hunter
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    1026R TLB (53", Artillian diverter, Ken's Hooks), 260BH (thumb, step), 60D MMM, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, land plane, tiller, aerator, Artillian forks, 50" wicked grapple
    IS700z (27HP B&S commercial, 61Ē deck)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements