Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Z-Glide Suspension System

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Z-Glide Suspension System

Anyone have any experience with the front fork suspension system from Z-Glide? I am in the process of getting a new Z930M with X-Tweels and a full suspension seat and was looking for additional suspension options for the mower. I went ahead and ordered them and my dealer agreed to install them for me. Here is their website and a couple YouTube videos on them. Thanks
    https://zglidesuspension.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4jZhQpshw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YIXualhCvM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx55TZ9kGzo
    stevenmc001 likes this.
    *JOHN DEERE 2038R w/ 220R FEL-72" AUTOCONNECT MMM-270B BACKHOE-8"-16" BUCKET-KBOHC-IMATCH QUICK HITCH w/KBOHTH-BALLAST BOX-42" ARTILLIAN FORKS-FRONTIER RC2060-FRONTIER RB2072-LANDPRIDE CA1556-LANDPRIDE FSP 700-LANDPRIDE PD25-12'-24" AUGERS-EA 60" GARDEN BEDDER-EA 72" HD LAND PLANE-NORTHSTAR 55 GAL SPRAYER-TUFF TOP SCR-44-COUNTYLINE CARRYALL
    *JOHN DEERE Z930M 60" MOD-FULL SUSPENSION SEAT-ZGLIDE SUSPENSION-XTWEEL TIRES

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-01-2019 @ 09:08 PM
    Thanks
    Yep, love mine. Hopefully Iíll get a video up on YouTube next week. Iíve had my Z950R just shy of a year.

GREENVA, fjjd18, Spectre and 1 others like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 07:45 PM
    Thanks
    Do the Tweels provide a softer ride that air tires. I stopped by a dealer the other day and was told they DO NOT. The salesman however didn't seem to knowledgeable though about many of my questions.

Thanks
    Mark
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2016 5075E Cab with H240 Loader
    John Deere MX7 Rotary Cutter
    John Deere Rear Blade 2284H
    Frontier Core Aerator CA2072
    Taylor Pittsburg 962-84 Rotary Tiller
    Broadcast Spreader
    72" Landscape Rake
    Gator 825i UTV

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-01-2019 @ 09:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnTractor View Post
    Do the Tweels provide a softer ride that air tires. I stopped by a dealer the other day and was told they DO NOT. The salesman however didn't seem to knowledgeable though about many of my questions.

Thanks
    Mark
    Iíll definitely buy Tweels and the ZGlide on my next JD. Thatís a shame the person you talked to doesnít have the slightest clue about the products they sell.
    BigJim55 and TheSilverFox like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnTractor View Post

Thanks
    Mark
    I don't know that the intent of Tweels is to provide a softer ride. The big benefit is for a lawn service person that is cutting grass commercially or even residential where they are not going to know what is in the yard. Maybe the place was just reroofed and there are roofing nails all over the place. It will reduce down time for a flat tire. They do deflect to absorb some bumps but so do a normal traditional tire. They might have a slightly larger contact patch which would aid in traction.

I have never ridden on a machine with tweels though compared to my Z950R. I asked about them but they were just coming out and the dealer hadn't seen any. I bought my Z 3 years ago now. They also are not an option for me because of the DFS collection system. I want to say that the weight on a Z9xx is pushing the limits of a tweel and when you add all the suitcase weights and factor in a hopper full of wet grass, the tweels would deflect too much and it would cause issues. I want to say they are rated at something like 750# each. A Z950R is around 1300# by itself. Granted some weight is carried by the front casters but most is to the rear. Add my lard butt and a full hopper and I would imagine you would blow past the 750# rating.

Here is some more info on them.

MICHELIN X TWEEL TURF Airless Radial Tire | John Deere US
    BigJim55 likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 07:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick replies!
    2016 5075E Cab with H240 Loader
    John Deere MX7 Rotary Cutter
    John Deere Rear Blade 2284H
    Frontier Core Aerator CA2072
    Taylor Pittsburg 962-84 Rotary Tiller
    Broadcast Spreader
    72" Landscape Rake
    Gator 825i UTV

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks
    I am also interested in the Z Glide system. Called my dealer this morning and they have heard of them but never installed them. Went on Lawnsite and the reviews are positive. I am mowing about three acres, and 11/2 of it is very bumpy. I have the deluxe suspension seat which helps, but I need to do more. I mow at 3.5 inches so I do not get any scalping. How hard is it to level the deck on a Ztrak after installation?
    BigJim55 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyJ#9022 View Post
    I am also interested in the Z Glide system. Called my dealer this morning and they have heard of them but never installed them. Went on Lawnsite and the reviews are positive. I am mowing about three acres, and 11/2 of it is very bumpy. I have the deluxe suspension seat which helps, but I need to do more. I mow at 3.5 inches so I do not get any scalping. How hard is it to level the deck on a Ztrak after installation?
    Z-Glide wouldn't change the deck leveling procedure. I don't have them but my understanding is that they probably don't have much sag when you are in the seat vs not. They are mainly there to take up some of the shock of hitting something.

However, maybe you could convince your significant other that you need to be in the seat to properly level the deck. So clearly they will have to level the deck for you while you sit there providing... ballast... I mean instruction.... I mean supervision....

SulleyBear and trboxman like this.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyJ#9022 View Post

There are several youtube videos that show the installation and the leveling process for JD ZTRs. The ZGlide looks like it lifts the front enough to matter in the videos.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trboxman View Post
    There are several youtube videos that show the installation and the leveling process for JD ZTRs. The ZGlide looks like it lifts the front enough to matter in the videos.
    I would agree that it will lift it to where you might want to go through the leveling process once. Remember you want the deck 1/4" lower on the front than that back. But I don't think the process of leveling will change at all.
    trboxman likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast