Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 'Need Your Help' ...Installing Suspension Seat to a Z710A Ztrak

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Thanks

'Need Your Help' ...Installing Suspension Seat to a Z710A Ztrak

Message to John Deere Z900 series Ztrak owners. I need some (one or more) of the owners here to help me to install a John Deere suspension seat to my Z710A Ztrak.

From all my searches on the John Deere parts catalog, there is a difference in the seat plate on a Z710A and the Z900 series. However, I don't know how much difference on the dimensions the seat plate bolts to the tractor frame bracket. There are two flanges on the bracket the seat plate attaches to. On my Z710A the dimensions between the two flanges that has a bolt hole in them...are 13-3/8" apart. NOTE: I will not be able to use my seat plate #TCU28010 due to the bolt pattern on the later JD suspension seat bracket. So, to anyone that has a Z900 series that would like to help here, I need the dimension on the two "front" bolt flanges on your seat plate #TCU39650. If they are the same distance as my seat plate flanges....13-3/8" apart, then I can buy the Z900 series seat plate and also the suspension seat.

If you need more information...just ask.

Thanks

Fred
    Last edited by kbeaag; 12-18-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Old Cajun likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    I should have made this thread before asking for help in desire or Must to install a suspension seat on my Z710A.

Last fall after a day of mowing, my back started hurting to the point I had to go see Orthopedic surgeon on the pain I was having. In his many questions on what I had been doing to cause the pain, I mentioned that I had spent over four hours mowing on a Zero turn mower.
    He ask if I had a seat that help take the bouncing out of the mowing, I said no. He suggested that I look into buying a seat that would help my back and also to get a back brace to wear.
    Old Cajun and Herminator like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 933 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeaag View Post
    I should have made this thread before asking for help in desire or Must to install a suspension seat on my Z710A.

Last fall after a day of mowing, my back started hurting to the point I had to go see Orthopedic surgeon on the pain I was having. In his many questions on what I had been doing to cause the pain, I mentioned that I had spent over four hours mowing on a Zero turn mower.
    He ask if I had a seat that help take the bouncing out of the mowing, I said no. He suggested that I look into buying a seat that would help my back and also to get a back brace to wear.
    Not sure of what dimensions your are talking about, took some quick measurements of how the seat is mounted
    on my 997.
    The suspension seat is mounted to the front/back position slide rails which are mounted to the flip up seat plate.

See pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seat to slide rail.jpg   back of sest..jpg  
    pcabe5, Herminator and JD4044M like this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Cajun For This Useful Post:

pcabe5 (12-18-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    Not sure of what dimensions your are talking about, took some quick measurements of how the seat is mounted
    on my 997.
    The suspension seat is mounted to the front/back position slide rails which are mounted to the flip up seat plate.

See pics:
    Thanks OC for the fast response. What I need is the 'inches' between the two metal flanges (with the bolts and spring clips)that has the base seat plate (the green plate) the whole mechanism is bolted to. That would be the large green plate that hinges -pivots(bolted) to the tractor frame down in front under the seat.
    If your seat plate #TCU39650 is 13-3/8" from the left and right bolt holes, that would be the plate seat bracket I would buy from John Deere to mount the new ComgortGlide suspension seat.

Thanks'

Fred
    Last edited by kbeaag; 12-18-2018 at 05:48 PM.
    Old Cajun likes this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks OC for the fast response. What I need is the 'inches' between the two metal flanges (with the bolts and spring clips)that has the base seat plate (the green plate) the whole mechanism is bolted to. That would be the large green plate that hinges -pivots(bolted) to the tractor frame down in front under the seat.
    If your seat plate #TCU39650 is 13-3/8" from the left and right bolt holes, that would be the plate seat bracket I would buy from John Deere to mount the new ComgortGlide suspension seat.

Thanks'

Fred
    On mine that measures 15 1/16".
    That's the plate (pivot plate) that the rails and suspension seat mount to.

I'm guessing that the 900 series may have different plate sizes depending on the over all size of the machines.
    The 997 plate may not apply to yours.

Good luck with getting a suspension seat on yours, it helps, but not totally by any means.

You have to set the adjustable tension just right to where it doesn't bottom out on your roughest ground, but still enough
    spring to cushion most of the shock to your back.

Also have found if you stay loose like when riding a horse, that helps, but sometimes when I'm mowing for
    a long time, it takes a bit of walking to straighten out afterward.

There are several threads on suspension seats and air ride seats and their installation.
    Last edited by Old Cajun; 12-18-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    JD4044M likes this.
    Neil

Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Old Cajun, I appreciate your checking into this. When I mentioned if anyone on here that had a Z900 series Ztrak, I forgot the Z997 was a different zero turn than the others. However, I think the Z915B, Z920, Z930, and Z960 may have the seat plate #TCU39650 part, and that I hope is smaller width that would bolt right up to the pivot flanges on my Z710A....13-3/8" apart. Maybe some other member here will read this and make a check for me. I called the salesman at my dealer to see if he knew the measurements, he called back as said they didn't any Z900 series on hand.

BTW: How is everything down in Louisiana? In my days working for a company, I had the opportunity to travel to Louisiana over the forty years. I sure miss having a great meal of the famous Louisiana Jumbo Shrimp. Couple years back, I told the wife we need to go eat out. She said where? I said we would make a trip to Baton Rouge, La for some jumbo shrimp and hear some good old fiddle music playing Bonparte's Retreat.
    Old Cajun and JD4044M like this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Old Cajun, I appreciate your checking into this. When I mentioned if anyone on here that had a Z900 series Ztrak, I forgot the Z997 was a different zero turn than the others. However, I think the Z915B, Z920, Z930, and Z960 may have the seat plate #TCU39650 part, and that I hope is smaller width that would bolt right up to the pivot flanges on my Z710A....13-3/8" apart. Maybe some other member here will read this and make a check for me. I called the salesman at my dealer to see if he knew the measurements, he called back as said they didn't any Z900 series on hand.

BTW: How is everything down in Louisiana? In my days working for a company, I had the opportunity to travel to Louisiana over the forty years. I sure miss having a great meal of the famous Louisiana Jumbo Shrimp. Couple years back, I told the wife we need to go eat out. She said where? I said we would make a trip to Baton Rouge, La for some jumbo shrimp and hear some good old fiddle music playing Bonparte's Retreat.
    Food still good, sometimes too good.
    JD4044M likes this.
    Neil

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    old cajun, Couldn't get any good results on the JD seat plate dimensions. So, I just went an ordered a Seats brand Model #509264 suspension seat assembly for $134.98 free ship. It appears to look the same as the one you have on your Zero Turn. I should have it on Fri. 28th. I'm going from what appears to me that I have to "cut" the wiring to the seat safety switch and insert a 'HiseNook' waterproof 2 pin connector plug, as it appears I won't be able to plug in the safety switch connector under the seat due to the mounting of the suspension seat assembly. That won't be difficult to do...change the way it is now wired.

Also, I note from the picture you posted above, it appears your suspension seat is mounted 'direct' to the underside of the seat, and the slide rails are then mounted to the underside of the suspension and to the tractor seat plate. I had intended to do the opposite. I will take a look at that when I get the suspension seat.
    Old Cajun and JD4044M like this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    old cajun, Couldn't get any good results on the JD seat plate dimensions. So, I just went an ordered a Seats brand Model #509264 suspension seat assembly for $134.98 free ship. It appears to look the same as the one you have on your Zero Turn. I should have it on Fri. 28th. I'm going from what appears to me that I have to "cut" the wiring to the seat safety switch and insert a 'HiseNook' waterproof 2 pin connector plug, as it appears I won't be able to plug in the safety switch connector under the seat due to the mounting of the suspension seat assembly. That won't be difficult to do...change the way it is now wired.

Also, I note from the picture you posted above, it appears your suspension seat is mounted 'direct' to the underside of the seat, and the slide rails are then mounted to the underside of the suspension and to the tractor seat plate. I had intended to do the opposite. I will take a look at that when I get the suspension seat.
    The 997 as it was at the dealer, had just the seat on the slide rails, talked them into adding the suspension section at no cost.

Didn't watch them do it, but assume they just put the suspension system in between the seat and the rails.

I couldn't imagine riding the sucker without some type of seat suspension system, that should really be standard issue.

Good luck, hope it mounts slick and easy.
    Last edited by Old Cajun; 12-24-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    JD4044M likes this.
    Neil

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    My back got trashed using my rigid 4044M Seat driving it. I just bought a adjustable seat that adjusts from 125-250+ lbs weight. It has a spring and shock in the 150.00 range. Took out the old one and just made a plate to bolt the new one in. In fact used one of the original plated flipped and made a new one for the back by drilling a few holes in the steel. I am so happy I did this it has save my back and the seat belts attach to the seat not the frame so they move with you going up and down. So my seat belt does not jerk on me when I hit bumps now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0391.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	6.24 MB 
ID:	664110 Guess they have gone up a little but still worth the cost. They come in yellow but I wanted black. The Big Boy seats are for wide people and I mean Wide! I removed one arm rest because it got in the way of using my lift controls using them. Not sure if they make a more narrow arm rests but I can still lean into the one I left but would be better for this little guy to be closer to the seat.https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-I-Products-Big-Boy-Suspension-Tractor-Seat-Black-BBS108BL/401664706193?epid=1803893889&hash=item5d85150691:g :fNwAAOSwKSlcG2N7:rk:12f:0
    Last edited by JD4044M; 12-28-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Old Cajun likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast