Z970R Front Tires, solid vs air?

Thread: Z970R Front Tires, solid vs air?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-11-2019 @ 08:53 AM
    Thanks

Z970R Front Tires, solid vs air?

I bought a new Z970R, and have had 2 others in recent years. My question is, if I get the air filled front tires instead of the solid ones, will the air filled ones cause less damage to lawns when turning vs the solid ones?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 11:12 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neblawncare23 View Post
    I bought a new Z970R, and have had 2 others in recent years. My question is, if I get the air filled front tires instead of the solid ones, will the air filled ones cause less damage to lawns when turning vs the solid ones?
    I didn't know they were offering air filled tires for the 900s. I would say as far as damage would go it is more how you operate it instead of what kind of tires are on the front of it. FYI I've ran tweels on the front of my 950m and z glide with the factory tires. I liked the z glide better.
    1025r (The Baby Tractor or the Mistress as the wife calls it) FILB with pallet forks, Front Quick Hitch with 54'' Snow Plow.

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,097 Times in 3,021 Posts
    My preference would be air filled.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 07:08 AM
    Thanks
    I assume you mean air filled like on a 915e? If so, folks over at LawnSite really like that setup for the better ride, but what I do not like is the narrower width. I am only on a 930r/54pro and you are on a bigger and heavier all around machine, so I would be concerned with the smaller footprint.

You question has to do with tearing turf up though. I believe a smooth vs ribbed tire does less damage, and some googling might find an air tire that would bolt up, or you could take the leap and go all in for the new smooth front Tweel caster. I emailed Michelin 2 times concerning it, and while they dont say when it will be released, expos and their own site shows late '18...

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements