Hello. I am new here and new to John Deere riding mowers I have a question
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hello. I am new here and new to John Deere riding mowers I have a question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks

Hello. I am new here and new to John Deere riding mowers I have a question

I have a Z335E Zero Turn riding mower. I hope I am posting this to the right place. My question is: my right motion control lever seems to be much stiffer than the left. There seems to be stiff when pushing forward or reverse, also on going in to the neutral position . Is this normal or is there a way to adjust the control lever. Like I said I am new this is my first riding mower. Thank you for your time and any advise or hints.
    Tom
    Herminator likes this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Ult1mat3X (05-29-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,598 Times in 1,470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have a Z335E Zero Turn riding mower. I hope I am posting this to the right place. My question is: my right motion control lever seems to be much stiffer than the left. There seems to be stiff when pushing forward or reverse, also on going in to the neutral position . Is this normal or is there a way to adjust the control lever. Like I said I am new this is my first riding mower. Thank you for your time and any advise or hints.
    Tom
    Welcome to GTT, by the way. We are glad you are here and we hope you enjoy your time here and become one of the GTT family.....

Both control handles should behave the same way as far as pressure, etc to use them. Does your machine go perfectly straight when both handles are pushed all the way forward or does the mower drift one direction or the other? I am talking about on a driveway or road which is very flat and smooth. I am wondering if there isn't some adjustments necessary, which is why i wonder about the mower tracking perfectly straight with both handles full forward.
    Herminator likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks
    Both levers should have equal feel. If you are under warranty I highly advise you to have the dealer check it out. We have seen several units with steering lever issues. Mostly due to parts falling off.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Levi and jdmich like this.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    Both levers should have equal feel. If you are under warranty I highly advise you to have the dealer check it out. We have seen several units with steering lever issues. Mostly due to parts falling off.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Thank you that is my next step I was just hoping it was something I could do my self.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Welcome to GTT, by the way. We are glad you are here and we hope you enjoy your time here and become one of the GTT family.....

Both control handles should behave the same way as far as pressure, etc to use them. Does your machine go perfectly straight when both handles are pushed all the way forward or does the mower drift one direction or the other? I am talking about on a driveway or road which is very flat and smooth. I am wondering if there isn't some adjustments necessary, which is why i wonder about the mower tracking perfectly straight with both handles full forward.
    Thanks for your time and help it goes straight with both handles full forward> Guess it is time to contact a dealer

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements