How To Get the Full Benefit From Mower Deck Blades. That is how I do it.
Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By kbeaag
  • 6 Post By Gra$$guy728
  • 5 Post By rydplrs

Thread: How To Get the Full Benefit From Mower Deck Blades. That is how I do it.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 10:11 AM
    Thanks

How To Get the Full Benefit From Mower Deck Blades. That is how I do it.

When I bought my 2012 Z710A in 2013 it had 28 hours on the meter due to it being a loaner to those that had their lawn tractors in the shop.
    Before I made the deal (sell price dealer wanted was $6.500) of $4.500, I ask for a new set of blades (M135334 mulching type) to be installed on the mower, and new spark plugs, oil, oil and fuel filters, and floor mat. Nice of the dealer to honor my request. It's like buying a new automobile. Get free oil and filter changes for life, plus a set of new tires when the car need them.
    Back to the lawn mower blades.
    When I taken delivery of the Z710A I ordered a new set of blades...just in case I needed them in a short time. In 2016 I removed the M135334 mulching blades as they needed sharpening. I installed the blades I bought in 2013 and sharpen the original blades to be used later. Today, I removed the blades I had bought after I bought the Z710A and "re-installed" the sharpen M135334 blades that came with the mower...they still look good for more mowing. I will sharpen the replacement blades and order me a new set of blades like the ones I will sharpen. When I need to replace the original #M135334....they will go to the trash dump, and I have a new set on hand...and they will be sharpen for future use.
    Last edited by kbeaag; 09-09-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    Toughsox and Dr Kubar like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 AM
    Thanks
    I always keep spares and rotate the sharpened blades as you suggest. The only difference is the worn out blades always go into my scrap bin. Never know when a piece of an old blade can save or start a project. I made a carrier from old blades to pull a leaf blower behind my Gator. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gra$$guy728 View Post
    I always keep spares and rotate the sharpened blades as you suggest. The only difference is the worn out blades always go into my scrap bin. Never know when a piece of an old blade can save or start a project. I made a carrier from old blades to pull a leaf blower behind my Gator. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They make good ballast too. I have about 50 in a bucket and they get used often.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements