• Something else

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me solve a debate with the wife, do you call your rotary cutter a “Brush Hog,” a “Bush Hog,” or something else entirely? I get the feeling this is a regional type thing like soda vs pop, just curious to see if there’s a general consensus.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Having the last name BUSH it is a brush hog

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Help me solve a debate with the wife, do you call your rotary cutter a “Brush Hog,” a “Bush Hog,” or something else entirely? I get the feeling this is a regional type thing like soda vs pop, just curious to see if there’s a general consensus.
I will vote after checking with the wife..... :hide:

This is NOT something I would use up an argument over!! :banghead:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will vote after checking with the wife..... :hide:

This is NOT something I would use up an argument over!! :banghead:
:bigthumb: Good advice, I promise though this is a “friendly” debate. :lol:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I would call it a "POJ",, then park it in the weeds, and go buy a flail mower,,

EVERYONE knows what to call it, you get a nicer cutting result,,
and ALL the arguments go away!! :good2:

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
I would call it the 3 point rough cut mower......

If I had to choose between "Brush and Bush", it would definitely be "Brush".....

Bushes grow around your house in the landscaping and in our area, Bushes are cut with "Hedge Trimmers" or "Reciprocating Bush Trimmers".

In our area, You would make a real mess out of your landscaping to trim your "Bushes" with a "3 point rough cut mower".

Many in our area also refer to those mowers as "Woods Rear Mowers", or a "rear Woods Mower", because of the brand of mowers made by Woods.

·
Corndog Hater
11,475 Posts
The Bush Hog brand is not real big around here, so when I first started seeing and hearing people say bush hog, I thought they were misspeaking, as around here everybody BRUSH HOGS their fields and brush.

A sidebar is that it is also common to hear the term "woods mower" used for a rear finish mower around here. I would imagine that is more for the brand name.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I would call it a "POJ",, then park it in the weeds, and go buy a flail mower,,

EVERYONE knows what to call it, you get a nicer cutting result,,
and ALL the arguments go away!! :good2:
Fail mowers are known as fly mowers because all the parts come flying out. Those mowers suck the power out of a tractor.

·
Super Moderator
4,966 Posts
Seems to me that someone combined "brush mower" and "Bush Hog" to come up with "Brush Hog". I've heard rotary cutters described using both terms as long as I can remember. I never even heard them called "rotary cutters" until recently.

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
I own Bush Hog tiller but when I see someone using a rotary cutter out in a field they Brush Hog.

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
Bush Hog is a brand name and I use it as such. “I happen to own a Bush Hog - not a Frontier”.

When generalizing I will say brush hog. “I’m going to do some brush hogging today”.
Your a complicated man.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
It’s always been brush hog around here, never knew what a rotary cutter was until I joined GTT, and then I thought “ wow, I’ve been running one them for almost 40 years”

·
Registered
21,983 Posts
It’s always been brush hog around here, never knew what a rotary cutter was until I joined GTT, and then I thought “ wow, I’ve been running one them for almost 40 years”
Same goes for shredder - never heard that either until hanging around here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts