Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been looking at 1025R (in general) for a while now but figured I’d wait to really be interested until end of October/start of November to start shopping - figuring dealers would be willing to move more on price at that time...

HOWEVER, a local dealer network is offering special “Drive Green” pricing for 1025R with 120R FEL and 60D MMM for $15,500.

A few questions...
1) Is this a John Deere sponsored discount or something the dealer network is offering independently of Deere?

2) Are good negotiators commonly able to work a dealer down to this type of pricing (for previously mentioned package)? Or maybe this is a rare great deal?

3) When is the best time of year to buy a 1025R...in other words, when is mother Deere subsidizing the biggest discounts and when are the dealers most willing to move on pricing?

4) Best price anyone has paid for a new 1025R with 120R loader and 60D mower?

Thanks in advance for your comments!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m new here and obviously posted this in the wrong section. How do I move the post into a more relevant section?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
A moderator should be along shortly to move this for you.
It sounds like a pretty good price to me, about all you can do is shop Deere dealers in a radius around you that you are willing to drive to or they are willing to deliver to.
You would be surprised how far some will deliver.
After shopping hard I finally found a dealer who gave me a far better price than the ones close to me, almost two hours away.
Sorted out most particulars on the phone, drove out to seal the deal.

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts
I’m new here and obviously posted this in the wrong section. How do I move the post into a more relevant section?
No problem and welcome aboard!

:gtfam:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,488 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought mine in November 18, but took 17% off 1025r, loader, mower, and front blower. They will try to sell you on Deere insurance if you finance it BUT check with your homeowners insurance. Mine already covered it. I would think most do.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
HOWEVER, a local dealer network is offering special “Drive Green” pricing for 1025R with 120R FEL and 60D MMM for $15,500.

A few questions...
1) Is this a John Deere sponsored discount or something the dealer network is offering independently of Deere?
The Drive Green events and any "special promotions" associated with them are done by the local dealers. Deere only helps with with promotional materials. Different dealer host their Drive Green events at different times of the year. The dealer I use has their's in March. Another local dealer is hosting their's next month.

2) Are good negotiators commonly able to work a dealer down to this type of pricing (for previously mentioned package)? Or maybe this is a rare great deal?
That's something that is dealer dependent. Some will let you haggle, some won't.

3) When is the best time of year to buy a 1025R...in other words, when is mother Deere subsidizing the biggest discounts and when are the dealers most willing to move on pricing?
I'm not sure there is a "best time of year". There are a number of factors that play into whether or not you can get a "deal" or not. Deere Corporate only plays a small part in that.

4) Best price anyone has paid for a new 1025R with 120R loader and 60D mower?
I can't answer that but I can look at numbers and lay this out for you:

The full MSRP price on that setup is a minimum of $20,800 according toe Deere's "Build Your Own" site.
Deere is currently offering a 0% for 60 months + $800 off on the 1-series machines.
So after Deere Corporate is done you'd be looking right at $20K for that setup.

Your dealer is offering $4,500 off of that price. That's a 22.5% discount. I think most people would agree that it doesn't get much better than that. 10% discounts are fairly common. A few people get 15%-18% discounts. But 22.5%? Those are pretty uncommon.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
I bought mine in November 18, but took 17% off 1025r, loader, mower, and front blower. They will try to sell you on Deere insurance if you finance it BUT check with your homeowners insurance. Mine already covered it. I would think most do.

Check those policies closely. The policy Deere sells is like mortgage insurance on your house. It pays off the loan on your tractor/implements but it isn't like a homeowner's policy.

For most of us, a homeowner's policy will cover things like if your tractor is parked in the garage and the garage catches fire or a tree falls on it during a storm. But if you drive your tractor into a pond,it catches fire while you are out using it or you total it while off your property, a homeowner's policy won't usually cover anything. The Deere policy doesn't care about any of that stuff. Plus, it's cheap. There are several threads discussing the pros/cons of that insurance on here (as well as extended warranty plans!)

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
That looks like a great deal to me. :wgtt:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments so far.

As someone mentioned above, the current discount/incentive offered by Deere is $800 ($300 for the tractor and $500 toward 2 or more implements).

However, last fall/winter (Oct 27 thru Jan 31) the Deere incentive was $1600 ($1,100 for the tractor and $500 toward 2 or more implements).

Wouldn’t it stand to reason the the deal could get $800 sweeter if I wait until fall?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Wouldn’t it stand to reason the the deal could get $800 sweeter if I wait until fall?
Linear logic and predictability would seem to say so. However, predicting what Deere will do with promotions is a little like forecasting the weather. So many variables go into the mix when they decide what to offer and what not to offer... previous quarter sales, interest rates, global economy, what the competition is doing and on and on. If Deere history is any predictor at all it would appear you are correct. BUT,.. can you afford to wait? What if there are no incentives at all in the fall and no 0 % financing? Then what? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

As someone mentioned above, the current discount/incentive offered by Deere is $800 ($300 for the tractor and $500 toward 2 or more implements).

However, last fall/winter (Oct 27 thru Jan 31) the Deere incentive was $1600 ($1,100 for the tractor and $500 toward 2 or more implements).

Wouldn’t it stand to reason the the deal could get $800 sweeter if I wait until fall?[/QUOTE

I don’t have that kind of will power. I’d be down at the dealership ordering mine right now. Wait...I did just that a couple weeks ago

Sorry for the sausage fingers. I screwed up the quote part

·
Registered
12 Posts

Wouldn’t it stand to reason the the deal could get $800 sweeter if I wait until fall?[/QUOTE

I don’t have that kind of will power. I’d be down at the dealership ordering mine right now. Wait...I did just that a couple weeks ago

Sorry for the sausage fingers. I screwed up the quote part

Deal probably wont get any better, due to the trade war going on, Price one out last fall, wish I would be bought then, so buying now

Mine is a 1025R with FEL and iMatch and heavy hitch + 8 42lb weights and I'm at $18,641 out the door.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
However, predicting what Deere will do with promotions is a little like forecasting the weather.
Predicting the weather is easy, the forecast is rain. The forecast is always rain.

This is easy as well, it is a great deal.

Look at TractorHouse.com for used units similarly equipped, they are asking more than this is new. Of course, it is a 2018 and it is now 2019, so that might explain it.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts

The deal certainly could get better. But it can also get worse.

It may also stand to reason that even if Deere does bring back the $1600 incentive your dealer may reduce *his* incentives by $800. Which would bring your right back to where you are now.

Your dealer is offering their discount in conjunction with their Drive Green event. Will they be holding another one of those come fall? I'd bet once that Drive Green event is in the past, that pricing goes into the past with it.

You're sitting there with a King high straight flush in your had right now. Do you toss away the 9 in the hopes of getting dealt the Ace? I mean, some people might take that gamble. But the odds are in your favor that you've got a winning hand right now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My only concern would be checking a 2019 vs. getting a 2018. Yast year's model blowout? Good numbers in any case.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
:wgtt:

If no one else mentioned it...You will need some type of ballast on the back to use the FEL:bigthumb:

I use a BH, but the other options are cheaper.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts