Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 029 or ms290 they could confirm if this port to the left of the fuel cap is for venting? no luck finding a diagram but fuel is leaking out of this port like crazy. Saw runs great otherwise.

3025e

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
029 parts diagrams say that is the tank vent, and there should be a short piece of fuel line ending in a vent "insert", which I think is just a restrictor (as in small hole in a fitting) to stop fuel from coming out and lets air in.

Google "stihl 029 parts diagram" and take a look.

Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
029 parts diagrams say that is the tank vent, and there should be a short piece of fuel line ending in a vent "insert", which I think is just a restrictor (as in small hole in a fitting) to stop fuel from coming out and lets air in.

Google "stihl 029 parts diagram" and take a look.

Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.
I googled it but didn't have much luck, I was pretty sure it was a tank vent, thank you for confirming.

3025e

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer said the gas caps are self venting and sold me a $0.32 cap to block the port. Seems easy enough.

3025e

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
No self venting caps on any stihl saw. Short hose with insert on the 029, 290. Part numbers are 11203588105 for insert and 11273587703 for hose. There are 2 vent inserts....50 cents for inserts and 11.10 for hose.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Does anyone have a 029 or ms290 they could confirm if this port to the left of the fuel cap is for venting? no luck finding a diagram but fuel is leaking out of this port like crazy. Saw runs great otherwise.

3025e
bteeth-

Not sure where in the US that you're located in as your profile is non specific. The oldest Stihl dealer in the US is in Southern Ohio. Ron Rapp owns Rapps' Repair Shop, the business that his late father founded and operated. Ron has forgotten more about small engines than many mechanics will ever know .
If you Googled the business, phone and speak to Ron, he could sort you out. He carries loads of parts, even for very old Stihl saws.

Good luck,

Brian

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No self venting caps on any stihl saw. Short hose with insert on the 029, 290. Part numbers are 11203588105 for insert and 11273587703 for hose. There are 2 vent inserts....50 cents for inserts and 11.10 for hose.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Thanks. Will definitely go this route. The cap I was sold did not hold.

3025e

1 - 8 of 8 Posts