Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New guy here

Looking at purchasing one of these model years with a cab but can’t get a straight answer.

Any major differences between these systems? Were there many or any upgrades from one year to another regarding the ehydro? (or anything for that matter)

Is ethrottle standard for both?

Thanks for any help:good2:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Both models have e-hydro. Both are the same inside the cab and out. I cannot remember if it was 2007 (or prior) or 2008 that they did the HP increase on the 4x20 series. The HP is the only thing that could possibly be different.

The 2011 model has some new electric over hydraulic switching and 3rd outlet options the 2010 and prior do not have.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
In doing more research, it was 2009 that they did an HP increase, but I can only find it documented for the 4520 and 4720. Per tractor data, the 4320 has always been 48hp?

Per tractor data: The John Deere 4520 was upgraded for the 2009 model year with an increase in engine power, optional 540e PTO, and eThrottle with the hydrostatic drive.

There is no talk of this on the 4320 page. So I question if it got the upgrade or not?

I have the e-pto and use it once and a while. I also have the e-throttle and I thought it was cool for about a week and I have not used it since. I could easily live without both. BUT if there was an HP increase, I would lean to the 2010 model.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i would buy 2010 just because its newer, things were updated, bugs were completely worked out, and problems were fixed

just my oppinion

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
i would buy 2010 just because its newer, things were updated, bugs were completely worked out, and problems were fixed

just my oppinion
Mine too. I have an 2009 4320 and the manual lists it as 48 HP.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Depends on your bank - if you want a few more attachments, then go with a low hour 2008 - unless the cost dealt is small.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts