Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just wondering if anyone is using the John Deere BM22725 1.5 Inch Spacer kit with the 54 inch deck? Any issues ? It looks like the 60 inch deck has no issues.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi
Just wondering if anyone is using the John Deere BM22725 1.5 Inch Spacer kit with the 54 inch deck? Any issues ? It looks like the 60 inch deck has no issues.
I didn’t know JD made a spacer kit. I put Bro-Tec 1.4” spacers on my 1025r. If you do a search Levi put 1.5 BT spacers on his and has some clearance issues

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi
I didn’t know JD made a spacer kit. I put Bro-Tec 1.4” spacers on my 1025r. If you do a search Levi put 1.5 BT spacers on his and has some clearance issues
Glad those worked out for you Sportshot! I too put the 1.4” on with the 54” deck and it was perfect. Did a lot of work this weekend where the added stability was a great thing to have. Good luck Loader!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Glad those worked out for you Sportshot! I too put the 1.4” on with the 54” deck and it was perfect. Did a lot of work this weekend where the added stability was a great thing to have. Good luck Loader!

I did see stability improvement with the 1.4” spacers. I still don’t feel secure on SAM on some of the steeper grades along the house so I’m going forward with the next thing SAM absolutely needs.

I found 4 50# cast weights on Craigslist which I hope to pick up on Tuesday. I really want to exchange fear into just respect when I’m using Sam on the steeper grades cutting grass. I’m already afraid of my wife I don’t want the tractor to dominate me too! (Just kidding she’s a wonderful woman :whip:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did see stability improvement with the 1.4” spacers. I still don’t feel secure on SAM on some of the steeper grades along the house so I’m going forward with the next thing SAM absolutely needs.

I found 4 50# cast weights on Craigslist which I hope to pick up on Tuesday. I really want to exchange fear into just respect when I’m using Sam on the steeper grades cutting grass. I’m already afraid of my wife I don’t want the tractor to dominate me too! (Just kidding she’s a wonderful woman
)
Haha.. Well I'm sure 200lbs of weight on the rear wheels won't hurt. Still some runway with adding weight, ultimately you can put 2x75 + 4x50 + 2x filled tires and get to ~550 extra pounds on the wheels. Combined with spacers I'm sure you will reach the 'respect' phase at some point soon. Also, with the rider creating a higher center of gravity, a lighter wallet in the back pocket will help with stability as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your comments and experience .I would like to out the spacers but I am having a hard time spending the $200.00 bucks each for spacers. However If I buy the wheel weights I would rather install the spacers and the weight at the same time. It would be a real pain to put the weights on and then have to take them off to put spacers on at a later date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts