Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
I would say yes. :good2: But what are you willing to pay for it?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
He wanted 500 I offered 350 then helped him with some stuff and he said give me 150 and it is yours just got back

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Looks great!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking very hard about the king kutter xbx 54 inch. Tim Marks I know you have the 48. do you think my 1025r will do ok with it?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am thinking very hard about the king kutter xbx 54 inch. Tim Marks I know you have the 48. do you think my 1025r will do ok with it?

Why do you want the extra width?
I think the 1025R would handle it, but I like the 48" so that I can fit in tight spaces. Do you have that much garden?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think you got a good deal

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
From what I can see that is a JD1200 plow made by Brinly that went for about $600 new so at $150 you got a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do you want the extra width?
I think the 1025R would handle it, but I like the 48" so that I can fit in tight spaces. Do you have that much garden?
It will let me get the tiller closer to fences and keep the tractor further away. It will let me get it tilled a little quicker as well.

·
Registered
12,660 Posts
Is 350 a good deal for this plow.

yelp-that's a good price, the last time the dealer had one on the floor yrs ago, it was marked $500 something. now is it i-match compatible ?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It will let me get the tiller closer to fences and keep the tractor further away. It will let me get it tilled a little quicker as well.

I'm sure the tractor will handle it. You'll need some front weights if you run without the loader, as the 48XB makes the front end VERY light when no weights attached.

Will be interesting to hear how you like it.
I chose the 48 because:
- Price (At the time, Christy was, well, not entirely convinced about this hobby :) I couldn't see why I would spend more on the 54?)
- Storage size (I have limited storage space)
- Ability to get through small yard-gates

Someone on here is using a 60" with a 1026R successfully. Perhaps Levi, or ColonyPark?

BTW, I bought mine used on Craigslist for $750. Could not have justified the $1400 retail for a new one.

Tim

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Good looking plow and well worth the money. However, the first thing I would do is weld reinforcing brackets all along the top of the frame to join the two metal pieces together. I can easily see the current frame getting bent if hitting a rock or stump.

Dave

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I took a better look at your plow. New the plow would be $600 plus your had a cutting disc and gage wheel. I would guess knowing JD price's
The would add another $300.to the price new. So the deal you got was extremely good. :bigthumb:

I just bough a 2 bottom plow from JD and that was $1100, No cutting disc or gage wheel.

The bottom plows are NOT I-match compatible because of the off set pins to make the plow run level when being used.

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
Is 350 a good deal for this plow.

That plow looks brand new. Plus, you've got the gauge wheel and cutting disk. I'd say unless you helped the seller rob a bank you did really, really good! Now let's see some photos of it hooked up and earning it's keep! :good2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well put the plow to work today. I think I have more rocks than dirt any advice would be great.

·
Registered
12,660 Posts
Well put the plow to work today. I think I have more rocks than dirt any advice would be great.

for that type of advice:captain: :laugh: we are gonna need full action pics-ok:lol:

·
Registered
12,660 Posts
i would say that dirt has never been worked for a garden before. it looked like u have a pretty new home, and when the builder would of back filled the back yard, rocks got mixed in with the dirt. ur dirt still looks good, just needs gone over. do u have a tiller? or a set of harrows to knock the clumps down. its too bad u didn't have the plow last fall, u could of left the sod rot over winter, it would of worked up better than this spring. ur get there eventually.:thumbup1gif: wait u see my rock garden--it's a bottom land between two ridges, i think a rock glacier melted right over this spot.:laugh: lots and lots of little round stones-lots.....................aw-yeah thanks for the pics:munch:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts