Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just completed my 50hr service on my 1026R and found gasket material in the drain pan and stuck to the suction screen when draining the transmission oil. I brought the material in to show the service manager and his first thought was PTO Clutch Lining (gasket). I also talked with one of the mechanics and he said it could possibly be off of the brakes or gasket used on the transmission.

Any thoughts?

My Dealer is going to do a little research and get back to me, hopefully the transmission does not need to be opened.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great. I really need to learn how to use the search feature on this forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I added a link to my previous post (post #2).

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts
Can you post a pic of your find? I'll bet it's normal and nothing to worry about.:good2:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhh wish I could but I handed it over to the dealer. Wish I would of snapped a few pics before I did.

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts
This was mine when I pulled it for the 50 hour.

IMG_1840.JPG IMG_1841.JPG

Larger chunk fell into the pan when it was draining.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I passed by the Dealer (A few minutes from work) and took a picture of the pieces that I found when draining the oil.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
I passed by the Dealer (A few minutes from work) and took a picture of the pieces that I found when draining the oil.
I found the same kind of broken up gasket material when I did my 50 hr. hyraulic oil and filter change. They were embedded with metal filings and other debris, like what shows in dieselshadows photo of the pump intake screen.

I figured the intake screen and filter were doing their job in filtering that crap out, so I cleaned the screen, changed the filter, put in 4 gallons (approx.) of new hydraulic fluid and 16 hours later, everything is better than new.

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts
That needs further investigating for sure. Is it stiff like a clutch facing or definitely a flexible gasket material? Either way, your dealer should be looking into that. What you found isn't normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for everyone's input. The Dealer is looking into it. Not going to be a Happy Camper if they have to open up the transmission.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the dealer wants the tractor in for service. They feel it is the PTO Clutch packing ( I think I got that right). Not happy at all to have the Trans open with only 55 hours on it.

But I guess better to make sure all is okay while under warranty.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update.
The transmission was opened today. The dealer found that the gasket material on the PTO Clutch was pealing away. I should have the tractor back in a day or two.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I was a bit concerned at the white gasket material hanging out of the case. I may have to take better pics to show the dealer. Did not have any material in the tranny tho.

gasket.jpg gasket2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Well the dealer wants the tractor in for service. They feel it is the PTO Clutch packing ( I think I got that right). Not happy at all to have the Trans open with only 55 hours on it.

But I guess better to make sure all is okay while under warranty
Most definitely!:good2:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my tractor back yesterday, all seems okay. Today I will cut the grass than park it over a piece of cardboard with the deck off to check for leaks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts