Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard an add on the radio 1 series tractor is 99 bucks a month... I got a x750 that I am not paying 99 a month for... anybody think the dealer would make it worth while to move up?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I have seen those $99 a month ads before. I do not know how they come up with that number.
The only way you will know what kind of trade you will get for sure is to talk to your dealer.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have seen those $99 a month ads before. I do not know how they come up with that number.
The only way you will know what kind of trade you will get for sure is to talk to your dealer.
It is generally 20% down and then a basic configuration, like maybe just the tractor with no loader. JD advertised $139/month for the 3025e I bought but my payment is no where close to that because I bought the loader, two attachments and had a 3rd function valve added and then state sales tax whacked me pretty good. I did do a trade in of 2210 and that helped a lot.

Depending on the age and hours of your X7 you will get a decent number for trade in. You will still be able to sell it for more money but that takes time and other resources so...it might be worth it to trade it. Anything to knock the payment down will help.

·
Registered
927 Posts
It's probably for a bare-bones 1023E, no attachments, no nothing. Just the tractor. With a ton of $ down. From the Deere website:

4Offer valid on new 1023E Compact Tractor purchases made between 02 May 2017 and 31 July 2017. Subject to approved installment credit with John Deere Financial. Up to a 20% down payment may be required. Example: based on a purchase of $10,405 with $2,081 down payment, monthly payment of $99 at 0% APR for 84 months. Taxes, freight, set up and delivery charges could increase the monthly payment. Price and model availability vary by dealer. Valid only at participating US dealers.
Compact Utility Tractors Special Offers on JohnDeere.com

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
The $99 a month is for a 1023 but I think you get the MMM and FEL with that. Not sure about the MMM and FEL.
The 1023 with a MMM and FEL last year was $11,900.00

·
Registered
719 Posts
Zero percent financing doesn't leave much to the imagination. At 84 months, $99 per month is $8316. If you can strike a deal (after trade, taxes, down payment, etc.) where you are financing $8316, then, yes, that $99 per month is achievable. And for a machine that will most definitely hold its value and be more than useful 7 years from now, that makes more sense than financing a car/truck for that long. With the way these things hold their value, you would probably be right-side up immediately. Then again, if you had to sell for what you owed, you would be out the trade, taxes, etc. that you brought to the table. Still a very palatable arrangement if this is what you need and plan to have for the long run.

Lee

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts
I just bought mine two months ago on that deal. That's the tractor only with if I remember like $3500 down which I did not do. In the end I got the 1023e with H120 FEL 53" bucket and 54d auto connect for $180/month like I said, with nothing down.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Got mine with a FEL for $99 a month, don't know whats wrong with you guys....... :lol:

toy.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
My local dealer is advertising the 1025R with H120 and 60D for 209.99. 0 down, and 0% for 84 months with approval.

I went for that package, but opted for 60 months at 0 down and 0%, but threw $500 down to drop my payments to a round number, including insurance.

The 60 month deal was more appealing to me because when it's paid off, there will still be one year on the power train warranty. Hence, higher trade or resale value.

Do not forget, these advertised "payments" will not include insurance. It is an expensive purchase, and Deere Financial will require insurance. At least they did with mine.

I sold my X475 outright, rather than trading, and used the cash to pay off another loan. At the end of the day, my purchase isn't even noticeable in my monthly budget.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I got my tractor a few weeks ago.
It's basically the 1023. Zero add ons. No FEL. Nothing. at 84 months

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I bought my x758 last November they had 0% for 60 months on the 1 series and the same on the x series but the x 758 had 1000 off besides the 0%. That's what I went and with the blower, mower and 17p cart my payment is 293. Working from what GPrice says the 1025R would be in the mid 260s with a blower and cart added. I would have taken that deal and the minister of finance would have accepted it also. I may have chosen to not mention the added year on the finance. :hide: :laugh:
Ron

·
Registered
125 Posts
That $99/month deal is what pulled me in originally last year on my purchase of my 1023e after giving up dealing with my old tractors. As already mentioned but to just confirm the deal is/was 84 months at 0% w/ a 20% down payment. As also mentioned that will only get the tractor; 84x$99=$8316. $8316/.8= a total purchase price of $10,395. Add loader and a mower deck as I did and that the total purchase goes up significantly.

That all being said I ended up with a payment around $150/month for the 1023e, loader, and a mower deck. Not too shabby. Not that I'd ever go this route, but not much more on a monthly basis than what somebody would pay on an installment plan on a big box store lawn tractor who's actual lifespan will last only long enough to perpetuate and renew that installment plan every couple years, while giving 1/10th the functionality of a subcompact tractor.

I recommend making a significant down payment regardless on a purchase like this. I at least made sure to put down enough money so that at no point during my ownership I'd be upside down with what I owed versus the value of the tractor. Glad I did so as I have since bout 11 acres of mountain property and I'm considering upsizing tractors already.

·
Registered
825 Posts
My local dealer is advertising the 1025R with H120 and 60D for 209.99. 0 down, and 0% for 84 months with approval.

I went for that package, but opted for 60 months at 0 down and 0%, but threw $500 down to drop my payments to a round number, including insurance.

The 60 month deal was more appealing to me because when it's paid off, there will still be one year on the power train warranty. Hence, higher trade or resale value.

Do not forget, these advertised "payments" will not include insurance. It is an expensive purchase, and Deere Financial will require insurance. At least they did with mine.

I sold my X475 outright, rather than trading, and used the cash to pay off another loan. At the end of the day, my purchase isn't even noticeable in my monthly budget.
Extended service insurance policy?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

Extended service insurance policy?

No, like theft, accident, so on. I don't know if it is so in all cases, but I was required by Deere to put insurance on mine. I believe it is about $75 a year?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
No, like theft, accident, so on. I don't know if it is so in all cases, but I was required by Deere to put insurance on mine. I believe it is about $75 a year?
JD makes you do that with all tractor purchases, even the used 2210 I bought a few years ago that I financed through JD. For my 3025e that I just bought it's only $7/month so really not that big of a deal. They make more money and everyone has peace of mind is how I look at it. You have to have insurance on the tractor regardless if you do any finance through JD (and I suspect any bank unless you use a personal type loan) much like you have to have full coverage on a car if you finance it.

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts
I only had to add it to my homeowners, but different states probably vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
JD makes you do that with all tractor purchases, even the used 2210 I bought a few years ago that I financed through JD. For my 3025e that I just bought it's only $7/month so really not that big of a deal. They make more money and everyone has peace of mind is how I look at it. You have to have insurance on the tractor regardless if you do any finance through JD (and I suspect any bank unless you use a personal type loan) much like you have to have full coverage on a car if you finance it.
I wasn't aware that JD offered financing on used tractors. What kind of rate and terms did they offer you if you don't mind asking? I'm in North Carolina and am going to a dealer to look at a used 3038e tomorrow.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I wasn't aware that JD offered financing on used tractors. What kind of rate and terms did they offer you if you don't mind asking? I'm in North Carolina and am going to a dealer to look at a used 3038e tomorrow.
I think it all depends on your FICO score. JDF is probably similar to banks for used equipment but it's definitely not 0% financing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts