Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at my dealer picking up some parts last week and saw a shiny new 1025 sitting there and had to ask the salesman what kind of deals they are running on them. I would be trading in my X728 with the mower, snow-blower and 3 pt hitch, but the price he gave me was quite good. My only stumbling block is my bagger. Right now I have the 14 bushel bagger and want to have one for the other tractor if I trade up, but don't want to spend the 1500 bucks for one. Most of the parts look like they will interchange, but I would have to swap out the attaching brackets for the hopper and get a new tube. So I was wondering if anyone has a bagger on their 1 series and how do they like it first of all, and do you think it is worth converting mine or should I try an sell it and get a new one.

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had bagged for 10yrs, bought Bagger for my 1026 never used it put a mulch kit on instead love, won't bag again. Leaves/lush grass have meet their match. if you still prefer to bag it does do a good job. View attachment 26199

Sent from the great white of West Michigan

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I know my 60D mulches like a mo fo as long as you keep ahead of the grass. The spring rains sometimes keep you from being on top of mowing and that can cause some clumps. Otherwise I can't see the need to bag. When I get some clumps a couple quick trips around the yard with my lawn sweep and it's all good.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I have the mulching kit on my 54D deck on my 1025R and would not be without it. That is free fertilizer. I only tried bagging one time many, many years ago and that was enough for me. IMHO, the grass looks just as good after mulching as it does with bagging. The mulching works good on the leaves in the fall too, although a little dusty.

Dave

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Short answer, it depends

So I was at my dealer picking up some parts last week and saw a shiny new 1025 sitting there and had to ask the salesman what kind of deals they are running on them. I would be trading in my X728 with the mower, snow-blower and 3 pt hitch, but the price he gave me was quite good. My only stumbling block is my bagger. Right now I have the 14 bushel bagger and want to have one for the other tractor if I trade up, but don't want to spend the 1500 bucks for one. Most of the parts look like they will interchange, but I would have to swap out the attaching brackets for the hopper and get a new tube. So I was wondering if anyone has a bagger on their 1 series and how do they like it first of all, and do you think it is worth converting mine or should I try an sell it and get a new one.

Thanks

Adam
The bagger itself would move to a 1 series. I believe the powerflow blower will transfer over depending on what you have for a MMM on the X728. If the X728 has the 60" 7 iron the powerflow may transfer as well. That would just leave the attaching parts. I guess I'd see what the dealer would give you on a trade in for a) the X728 with the bagger and attacheing parts and b). the X728 with just attaching parts and no bagger. A new chute I believe runs around 150 bucks. Not sure on the attaching parts. Maybe the dealer would give you a deal on the attaching parts since you would be moving up a size in tractor and spending your money?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Adam, Is your bagger the powerflow system which is powered by the right side pulley on the mower deck or the material collection system that runs the separate engine? I had the material collection system that mounts to the rear of the tractor with the engine/fan on my X595 and later X748. When I traded my X748 for the 1026r I converted the frame that holds the three bags from a hard mount system to a three point hitch mount by drilling some holes and adding some category 1 pins and welding a bracket for the top link to attach.

The whole system sits back further due to the three point hitch mount so I needed a longer hose that runs from the mower to the collection fan. I went a little cheap by cutting the hose and adding some stove pipe. A little redneck engineering if you will. It works just fine but I am going to get a longer hose this fall when I start leave collecting.

So, if you have the system I describe, its very easy.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the idea, but doesn't the bagger lift and lower when the deck goes up and down?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok, probably wouldn't get that on mine. Is there a way you think to mount the X7 series bagger without too much modifying? Its hard to spend $1500 for a bagger when I paid $500 for the one on my X728.

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hello Adamq,

There are several different ways you could go on this. I can mainly speak on the hopper and chute assembly, though. The powerflow is a whole separate issue. Keep in mind those are often custom trimmed to fit the deck they are installed on.

Option A: If you don't mind making 2 cuts and drilling 2 holes on your existing hopper hardware, you could get that compatible for free. The hopper itself is identical. You would just need the draw bar mounting bracket ($375.00 or so), plus a drawbar, if the tractor does not come with one. The chute is $200.00 if you keep the strap and fill indicator from your old chute. Otherwise they are close to $300.00.

Option B: You can order a new lower mounting bracket for the hopper and swap it out if you dont like cutting and drilling. Those must run close to $300.00. You will still need the drawbar mounting bracket and new chute, though.

In short, I think you could do it for $600.00 or so for the hopper alone. The powerflow is the wildcard, though. If the decks are different, it may be difficult to adapt the blower if it has been trimmed too much. I like cheesetrain's idea of seeing how much extra they would give you on a trade.

If you are going to use other 3-point implements, the drawbar mount is a real pain. I have a system to mount directly to the I-match if you choose to go that route with an independent lift.

Whichever way you choose, I would be more than happy to help in any way I can! I can get measurements, part numbers, exact cost, etc.

Randy

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 3 bag PowerFlow from a 2210 tractor that I'm going to install on my 1026R. The hopper is a 3 pt hitch connection so it will fit in my IMatch. From what I could tell after going over the parts drawings, I needed about 150$ in parts to finish it up (pulleys, belts and mounting hardware). I should be setting it up hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Will let you all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don't know of any MCS that will fit the I-Match, (without custom modifications, of course) so I am very curious! Please let me know how it works and I would love to see a pic or 2!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had the power flow on my 1026r. Worked awesome was one of the big things that made my decision hard on the trade to the 4520.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts