Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see that the euro spec front three point hitch is now an option on new 1 series tractors in the USA. As much as I like that JD has kept the same front attachment interchangability since the 1980's there are flaws in the quick hitch design on the 1 series. Mainly its is mounted too low to the ground and there is alot of slop in the mount. The front pto leves much to be desired as well. Not sure if JD is looking to phase out the quick hitch or the euro hitch will be available alongside the quick hitch.

I bet it will cost big bucks for the euro mount but I am intrigued. Few questions on my mind:
-is it more rigid than the quick hitch
-loader compatible ie do I need to remove to mount loader. Looks like 3 point arms are removed and rest stays bolted up?
-can I retrofit my 47" blower so it accepts euro hitch
-what does the front pto look like. Are there still harsh angles on the u joints leading to premature wear

Interesting to see what happens as this becomes more available.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did some digging on the UK John Deere site. Looks like the standard quick hitch we use here now is available in the UK as well. I guess JD just decided there is a market for the euro hitch in the US?

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
Not sure where you are finding this. It doesn't show up as an option for either the 1023E or 1025R on the Deere's Build Your Own pages. Got a link?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The whole thing seems hosed up right now. I just went to the configurator and under lawn and garden tractors it is bringing up 9000 series.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part number BLV10833. Id look it up on jd parts website but my phone won't work with that site as of recently.

Looks like these guys have it. Though it looks like more of a place holder as alot of info is listed as N/a.

JohnDeere-BLV10833 Front 3-Point Hitch

$1453.12 ouch its spendy

Doesn't show up on green farm parts tho. Wonder if this really is available???

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
Part number BLV10833. Id look it up on jd parts website but my phone won't work with that site as of recently.

Looks like these guys have it. Though it looks like more of a place holder as alot of info is listed as N/a.

JohnDeere-BLV10833 Front 3-Point Hitch

$1453.12 ouch its spendy

Doesn't show up on green farm parts tho. Wonder if this really is available???
I think JDParts now just lists the 1-series (and the new 2025R) as "Worldwide Editions" instead of breaking them down between North American and European versions. It would be interesting to see if a US dealer could actually get ahold of one.

And $1450 isn't bad overall. The flimsy QuickTach hitch is isn't cheap. That's $900-$1000 at a minimum depending on your specific machine.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
In this new 'global' world we find ourselves in..... why is it that we can't get these European front lift hitches thru our local JD dealers? :dunno:

I mean we're in North America....shouldn't we have the best of the best of everything ! Lol.

·
Premium Member
13,865 Posts
In this new 'global' world we find ourselves in..... why is it that we can't get these European front lift hitches thru our local JD dealers? :dunno:

I mean we're in North America....shouldn't we have the best of the best of everything ! Lol.
I wonder if they are more demanding across the pond, I think the 2 series has a factory cab option too over there.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Busman

·
Premium Member
471 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
So how does it work??
Here is pic from JD parts....basic bolt on to the front frame, connect a couple of hyd. hoses and ur good to go

And yes, would be a bit more involved to remove if you wanted to swing back to front end loader,...such are the trade offs of having a very heavy duty front 3 point hitch.
Makes sense now. Didn’t think about it using the hydraulics. It would limit you to the curl function though for angling etc. Can’t imagine it would lift over 600# like the rear.

Sure looks less complicated and sturdier than the quick hitch. I couldn’t see much interchange in implements going from rear to front

·
Super Moderator
5,640 Posts
That's like that beautiful JD cab they can get for their machines, but it's not available to us over here!:unknown:

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Yes the 1 series & the 2025R will Have the front 3point available as Of right now Both the quick Hitch and front 3point Hitch will be available for the 1 series and 2025R in North America it will be Priced at $1,453 about $600 more than the Quick hitch several Deere dealers Have already Had it for sale Online It should show Up under Build Your own In January or by the final week of this month.
Here is the diagram for the Front PTO kit on the front 3point Hitch
::bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I sure like the Matev hydraulic extension kit with the neat orange and yellow colored spring loaded coupler covers. I wonder if those colored covers could be available for our current tractors?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I think the Matev one is just an aftermarket company. Kind of like how you can buy retrofit rear three point systems for old tractors that didn't have them stock. Looks different than the (admittedly) bad picture of the one I found on the UK JD website. It's kind of funny it reminds me of one of those spy photos; blades of grass obscuring the lens, grainy picture just needs black and white film to complete the part haha.

$900 to $1400 is still almost 50% more expensive. But if it's that much better I bet it will sell.

I'm just guessing but I would imagine the interface on something like the 47" blower could be switched to accept the euro "triangle" connector. I'll have to check but I thought the mounting tabs that connect to the quick hitch were part of a sub assembly on the blower. It makes sense for commonality parts for JD. I'll have to take a look at my blower at some point to see if my theory holds water. Worst case I'll sell the blower and quick hitch when I upgrade to a 54" blower. Probably make it easier to sell too.

Edit: not a bolt on solution. The section the tabs/dowels are on is welded to the blower. Might still be possible but metal fabrication seems to be required

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
59 Posts
It doesn’t look like it has the ability to angle for such things as a blade or rotory broom. Also looks like a bear to remove to put the loader on.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
It doesn’t look like it has the ability to angle for such things as a blade or rotory broom. Also looks like a bear to remove to put the loader on.
Any change of angle would be done at the implement, not at the hitch. Much the same as it is with rear implements. i.e. the rear 3PH stays fixed and implements do the angling.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes the 1 series & the 2025R will Have the front 3point available as Of right now Both the quick Hitch and front 3point Hitch will be available for the 1 series and 2025R in North America it will be Priced at $1,453 about $600 more than the Quick hitch several Deere dealers Have already Had it for sale Online It should show Up under Build Your own In January or by the final week of this month.
Here is the diagram for the Front PTO kit on the front 3point Hitch
::bigthumb:

Is this front hitch available yet in the US? The dealer I spoke with didn't know what I was talking about and I didn't have the part number with me when I was there.

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
Is this front hitch available yet in the US? The dealer I spoke with didn't know what I was talking about and I didn't have the part number with me when I was there.
Short answer: No, not for the 1-series or small frame 2-series anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts