Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was at the Deere store the other day picking up some tree felling wedges and was talking with the fellow there and he asked the same question he asks every few months ... "when are you going to trade in the 2210"

I really have not seen anything I need done it wont do so have not really had a reason to trade, but I was curious what you guys thought would be an upgrade/replacement if they were able to get me to spend money ... I know its a subjective question, but you guys always give sound advise.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ok, I'll start. First, a 1025R would be larger than your 2210 in most every way. So, there would be some increase in size there. If you really aren't needing anything larger than the 2210, I would start there.

The new 2032R/2038R are much larger than the 1-series. Larger turning radius, wider footprint, etc.

I suspect the upcoming 'small frame 2-series' would be more what you would be wanting than the 2032R/2038R.

Just my thoughts...

Tim

·
Registered
23,073 Posts
So was at the Deere store the other day picking up some tree felling wedges and was talking with the fellow there and he asked the same question he asks every few months ... "when are you going to trade in the 2210"

I really have not seen anything I need done it wont do so have not really had a reason to trade, but I was curious what you guys thought would be an upgrade/replacement if they were able to get me to spend money ... I know its a subjective question, but you guys always give sound advise.
You said it yourself right there.

Stay away from the Deere store.

·
Registered
778 Posts
My 2305 has been simply fricking awesome. Bought the whole TLB package with 360hrs for 13k$.
Personally if I would move up, it would be to have more HP/torque to operate the snowblower in deep stuff.
More lifting capacity with the FEL
Bigger front tires.
Newer hydraulic hoses...
I would go with a 3 series.
But, I would be out at least 10k. Then probably need a stronger trailer. Then have to do all the mods over.
Think I am fine right now....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,209 Posts
You said it yourself right there.

Stay away from the Deere store.
Nooooo! No need to stay away from the Deere store. I mean, yeah. Stay away from the tractors. But they sell Gators too! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Depends what you need. Among the new options, the older Yanmar 2 series (2025r) has a horrible seat and feels underpowered. It can't really do anything the 1 series can't do, though it will move a pile of rocks a little bit faster. The old 2032r isn't underpowered but has the same horrible seat. If your property is flat, and you need the power, that might be the way to go. Spend a bunch of time on it first though, and go over bumps. I did that, and the ride quality made me want to set fire to it. To each his own though, and you may like it. The 2025r isn't much more expensive than the 1025r. Also, the old 2 series are Yanmar tractors, rebranded. I don't know if that will matter to you.

The new 2032r/2038r are phenomenal machines, but they are substantially larger than the 1 series. They are built on the old 3 series frame...they're huge. So if a significantly larger tractor fits where you need it to fit and you can afford a new 2 series, then yeah, that's the one to get.

If you need a small tractor that can get into tight spaces and mow narrow trails and around obstacles, then the 1 series is the one to get.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
You only live once, if you are otherwise responsible, and I'm sure you are, and can afford it then do what you want and don't apologize.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
personally, unless your current machine is not up to the task of doing what you need done, or is getting worn out, I would not spend the money to upgrade. i have 4 tractors, 3 of them range in age from 35 to 40 years old. the old iron gets the job done just as well as a new machine, if less ergonomic but so what. Of course they want you to trade up so that they can sell you a new machine, AND make a few thousand on your trade-in tractor. But as always... it's whatever makes you happy.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
There is two ways I look at it. 1* Use a tractor for a number of years/hours and trade/sell it while there is still value and before needing big repairs. 2* Run the wheels off of a tractor and use up the majority of its value, when a replacement tractor is needed you simply start all over again and try to get your monies worth out of the new machine as well. There is always pros and cons to which ever route one chooses. Personally, I take extremely good care of my trucks and equipment both mechanically and with the appearance but when I replace either I sure as heck don't want to sell the previous truck/tractor to someone I know. It is well used up usually. If I had a 2210 and was debating a trade I would most likely make the trade to a carry over 2016 model 2 series with hopes of saving a few extra dollars before they are sold and gone or I would hold on to my 2210 for another year to see how the new 2 series are holding up then make the trade for the new 2 series that so far seems to be a big hit amongst folks.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
There is two ways I look at it. 1* Use a tractor for a number of years/hours and trade/sell it while there is still value and before needing big repairs. 2* Run the wheels off of a tractor and use up the majority of its value, when a replacement tractor is needed you simply start all over again and try to get your monies worth out of the new machine as well.
For me,, there is option 3,,
Option 3 - the tractor is a toy,, to be played with as work gets done.
For Option 3 to be optimal, the tractor you start with MUST be used.
Part of the challenge is to find the resolutions to issues the tractor has.

Burned out headlights,, what bulb, where to buy it at the lowest cost.

Filter replacements,, that is always FUN!! :good2:

Lubing spots that have never been lubed.

Touch-up of paint,,

ETC,,, etc,,, it is a hobby that accomplishes something.

NOTE: Did I mention I am retired?
A sunny day between 65 and 75 degrees means the pressure washer WILL be out,,,:yahoo:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
For me,, there is option 3,,
Option 3 - the tractor is a toy,, to be played with as work gets done.
For Option 3 to be optimal, the tractor you start with MUST be used.
Part of the challenge is to find the resolutions to issues the tractor has.

Burned out headlights,, what bulb, where to buy it at the lowest cost.

Filter replacements,, that is always FUN!! :good2:

Lubing spots that have never been lubed.

Touch-up of paint,,

ETC,,, etc,,, it is a hobby that accomplishes something.

NOTE: Did I mention I am retired?
A sunny day between 65 and 75 degrees means the pressure washer WILL be out,,,:yahoo:
A used tractor is all I know. I have never owned a brand new tractor and may never will because, well...., I'm freakin cheap. The 3520 I have now had 60ish hours on it making it the lowest hour tractor I have purchased. In the case of the OP, I sure wouldn't want to get rid of the 2210 that I assume is fine to bring home a tractor needing work. I am guessing he would be interested in a new machine with the mentioning of a trade, after reading the other comments a 1 series may fit the job duties nicely. The 1 series is definitely impressive in their capabilities.

Reactions: BigJim55 and JeffB1

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all

Thank you all for the feedback and great comments. I guess I got my eye fixed on the Shiny New Object ... fact is the 2210 does everything I need, I bought it used for a good price, serviced every inch of the thing and it owes me nothing.

The size issue was something I was not thinking about and where I store the current machine I would not be able to fit a much bigger machine.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I'm looking at getting a 1025R tractor later this year, but I may hold off till I see what this new 2017 - 2025R is all about.......rumor has it that it will be very similar in size to the old 2025 but have all the upgrades and niceties that the 1025R has with extra hydraulic capacity.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Is this just a pipe dream or do you have pre-approval from the Minister of Finance for Big Toys?

FB_IMG_1468184714135.jpg

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ok, I'll start. First, a 1025R would be larger than your 2210 in most every way. So, there would be some increase in size there. If you really aren't needing anything larger than the 2210, I would start there.

The new 2032R/2038R are much larger than the 1-series. Larger turning radius, wider footprint, etc.

I suspect the upcoming 'small frame 2-series' would be more what you would be wanting than the 2032R/2038R.

Just my thoughts...

Tim

Can you expand on this "upcoming small frame 2-series"? I know the 2032 and 2038 are brand new redesigns, mfg'd here in the USA. Are they going to redesign the 2025? Been trying to find information on this since I'd like to consider the next size up from the 1025R....and while I haven't been at the dealer looking at the new 2032R, I think it is probably a whole 'nuther level up that I really don't need...not to mention that size of machine starts to get very expensive when considering a TLB.

Something in-between would be really nice...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
We've seen only one comment about it, from a John Deere Product manager in a video at the 2038r/2032r introduction. I have nothing more than that.

·
Registered
418 Posts
We've seen only one comment about it, from a John Deere Product manager in a video at the 2038r/2032r introduction. I have nothing more than that.

OK, thanks. I believe I saw the same video and caught the comment as well. I've been scouring the "Interwebs" for more information, but seems as though mum's the word.

:cheers:

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 20 of 27 Posts