Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plated Front Tie-Downs:
Sold as a pair only, these Front Tie-Downs will fit the 1-Series John Deere tractors and maybe others. These bolt on using the same bolts and holes as the grill guard, and are NOT compatible if you have the front Quick-Hitch parts mounted.

The holes are 1/2", and spaced at 1-3/4" center-to-center. Made in the USA from 1/4" thick steel.

Limited run only, when they're gone, they're gone! $25.00 per pair

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plated Rear Tie-Downs:
Sold as a pair only, these Rear Tie-Downs will fit the 1-Series John Deere tractors and maybe others. These bolt on using the same bolts and holes as the rear hitch/drawbar plate. If you have a OEM backhoe, then you may need longer bolts.

The holes are 1/2" x 1" oblong, and spaced at 2-1/2" center-to-center. Made in the USA from 1/4" thick steel.

Limited run only, when they're gone, they're gone! $25.00 per pair

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both are shown on the OUTLET STORE page at the website.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Done. Thanks Ken :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hope I'm in time

Just sent an email to [email protected] , hopefully, Kenny you'll be able to add the tie-downs to my yesterday's order. Don't think the CFO would appreciate my ordering from you 3 weeks in a row:laugh:.

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just sent an email to [email protected] , hopefully, Kenny you'll be able to add the tie-downs to my yesterday's order. Don't think the CFO would appreciate my ordering from you 3 weeks in a row:laugh:.
Replied. You placed the order Friday afternoon-not yesterday (Saturday), and we shipped it out Saturday morning, sorry for our efficiency :laugh:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered front and rear before I found this post. These hooks should be standard issue along with the step, grab handle and diff pedal. Glad I found them.

I also ordered bolt on hooks with clevis, 6’ sling, shackles, and seat springs. Now the little tractor will be set up just like the 3038.

:gizmo:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone know if longer bolts are needed for the rear of a TLB or if you can reuse the factory bolts like the front?

·
Registered
21,430 Posts
Does anyone know if longer bolts are needed for the rear of a TLB or if you can reuse the factory bolts like the front?
It says right on the webpage.....

Plated Rear Tie-Downs. Sold as a pair only, these Rear Tie-Downs will fit the 1-Series John Deere tractors and maybe others. These bolt on using the same bolts and holes as the rear hitch/drawbar plate. If you have a OEM backhoe, then you may need longer bolts.
Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

·
Registered
50 Posts
May and will are two different things. Looking for first hand experience.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
I briefly looked at the rears but haven't got them installed yet. It looks like on mine, I'll have to. Don't know why they'd be different because we have TLBs, but such is life. I'm also curious if someone else with a TLB has this issue.

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The way I understood it, part of the backhoe subframes mount to those bolts taking up the extra room on the OEM bolts, hence my warning. I think the tie downs need to face in too

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
I'll have to post some pictures. I agree they'll have to point inward due to the BH subframe interfering. We're talking about the hitch plate right? Where you could attach a lawn roller or yard cart?

1025 Rear Hitch Plate.jpg

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to post some pictures. I agree they'll have to point inward due to the BH subframe interfering. We're talking about the hitch plate right? Where you could attach a lawn roller or yard cart?
Yes, that’s where they attach.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Installed the rear tie-downs tonight. The original bolts are 35mm long and are just a tad too short. The nut would only thread on half way. I used some 40mm carriage bolts I had (10.9 hardness) and put the hitch plate on the bottom to push the tie-downs down a little bit. The holes in the hitch plate are round but the holes in the frame are oval and the carriage bolts bit in well.

I'd say you want to use a minimum of 40mm long bolts, 10.9 hardness, or 1-1/2" grade 8 bolts. Add 5mm or 1/4" of you're adding a lock washer. The original bolts didn't use a lock washer and I didn't either. The bolts I had were the same size, so I could re-use the original nuts.

Haven't installed the fronts yet, as I have to make spacers first. I have a front quick hitch so I have to flop sides and have them point backwards. The spacers will allow clearance for the tie-down hook to miss the frame better. I'll get pictures of that when I get them done.

20190906_175630.jpg

20190906_175623.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
More Deckelman Bling

The spacers are 1/2" strut washers I had, B-Line part number B202. The bolts that were installed when I added the quick hitch were long enough.

20190908_125004.jpg

20190908_125007.jpg

20190908_125200.jpg

20190908_193044.jpg

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the clarifications kylew, these are the very details that I did not know and one reason why I probably won't be offering these again-I'm still on the fence about it though.

For those interested, the updated version of the front tiedowns are QH compatibles and are available from Mudd's Customs.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
No prob Ken.

I see what you mean about the Mudd Custom front brackets being different now.

One thing I forgot to do was verify my QH pin will still go in, now that i have the front tie-downs on. I know the pin won't with the brackets facing forward, and I thought I checked them before with them facing backwards. Gotta double check myself :banghead:

·
Registered
21,430 Posts
I had in my mind that these brackets would face forward but I see I am mistaken after seeing kylew’s pics -

1C37BA95-550C-487C-8623-3A82F3862B14.jpeg

Looking at my 2520 the bolt hole spacing will work. I thought I could sandwich the brackets in where the spacers currently are with them facing forward. The spacers are the silver colored parts. The spacers measure 3/8” so I could probably remove them and fill the gap with 1/8” washers.

7F6E0FF3-B6FC-4ADC-9F5F-675D97D42AD7.jpeg

Maybe I am in brain fog territory again and not thinking clearly. I guess I could install them like Kylew did and just get longer bolts. But installed where the spacers are sure would make a nice looking installation and having them face forward just makes for sense to me.

Guess I may just order a pair and see how it works out.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts