Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had in my mind that these brackets would face forward but I see I am mistaken after seeing kylew’s pics -

Looking at my 2520 the bolt hole spacing will work. I thought I could sandwich the brackets in where the spacers currently are with them facing forward. The spacers are the silver colored parts. The spacers measure 3/8” so I could probably remove them and fill the gap with 1/8” washers.

Maybe I am in brain fog territory again and not thinking clearly. I guess I could install them like Kylew did and just get longer bolts. But installed where the spacers are sure would make a nice looking installation and having them face forward just makes for sense to me.

Guess I may just order a pair and see how it works out.....
In a perfect world, yes they should face forwards-but KYL has the front QH so I think that's why the issue was for him-I did say there where not compatible with that option to my knowledge

For your 2520, yes removing the spacers would be the best thing to try. FYI if you had the front QH it would fill the space where the spacers are. On the new machines they are plastic and not metal!

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
In a perfect world, yes they should face forwards-but KYL has the front QH so I think that's why the issue was for him-I did say there where not compatible with that option to my knowledge

For your 2520, yes removing the spacers would be the best thing to try. FYI if you had the front QH it would fill the space where the spacers are. On the new machines they are plastic and not metal!
Thanks Ken. I’ll order a pair later today - have to finish my mowing before the rain comes. Hopefully it will work as planned but will get them on somehow. Also want to double check about the rears but with my first quick glance they won’t work as I have a totally different draw bar setup.

It will be so nice to have an easy front tie down even though I don’t even have a trailer right now.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
These will fit a 2025R as well. The rear bolts are fine. The front top bolts are too short with the guard installed. The bottom bolts are fine.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
I also got the combo hooks from Ken as well. And a hydraulic pressure gauge. I agree that site will lighten a wallet.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
These will fit a 2025R as well. The rear bolts are fine. The front top bolts are too short with the guard installed. The bottom bolts are fine.
With my setup if I put them on the outside I would need all 4 longer bolts. Trying to avoid that....

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
These will fit a 2025R as well. The rear bolts are fine.
Sine you have the backhoe you should turn the rears to face in, otherwise you'll struggle to use them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sine you have the backhoe you should turn the rears to face in, otherwise you'll struggle to use them.
I tested them and my straps hook to them just fine. I like them close to the backhoe frame as it leaves the center ground clearance open. They don't hang down much below the backhoe frame so there is very little lost clearance.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
I had in my mind that these brackets would face forward but I see I am mistaken after seeing kylew’s pics -

View attachment 708148

Looking at my 2520 the bolt hole spacing will work. I thought I could sandwich the brackets in where the spacers currently are with them facing forward. The spacers are the silver colored parts. The spacers measure 3/8” so I could probably remove them and fill the gap with 1/8” washers.

View attachment 708150

Maybe I am in brain fog territory again and not thinking clearly. I guess I could install them like Kylew did and just get longer bolts. But installed where the spacers are sure would make a nice looking installation and having them face forward just makes for sense to me.

Guess I may just order a pair and see how it works out.....

Stan,
Yes, you and Ken are correct. They are designed to face forward, but I have the front quick hitch on the 1025. With them forward, I can't install the QH large pin that holds the QH adapter bracket. I'd have to remove the tie down brackets in order to use the QH. That's why I faced them backwards and I used spacers to give me a little more clearance between the frame for inserting a hook. Having them face backwards allows me to be able to use the QH and I don't have to remove them.

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
Stan,
Yes, you and Ken are correct. They are designed to face forward, but I have the front quick hitch on the 1025. With them forward, I can't install the QH large pin that holds the QH adapter bracket. I'd have to remove the tie down brackets in order to use the QH. That's why I faced them backwards and I used spacers to give me a little more clearance between the frame for inserting a hook. Having them face backwards allows me to be able to use the QH and I don't have to remove them.
Makes perfect sense. They will work fine the way you installed them.

I asked because for how I want to install them they must face forward - at least that is what I think. We’ll see once I get to installing them.

How many years I struggled with tying down the front of this tractor with the loader on. I ended up using axle straps on the front but still wasn’t really happy.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
947 Posts
Makes perfect sense. They will work fine the way you installed them.

I asked because for how I want to install them they must face forward - at least that is what I think. We’ll see once I get to installing them.

How many years I struggled with tying down the front of this tractor with the loader on. I ended up using axle straps on the front but still wasn’t really happy.
Thank you Stan for your interest and posts regarding compatibility with your 2520. I have always struggled with a good tie down location on our 2520 especially with the loader or forks on. I've spent $25 on worse things. So just ordered a set myself to give them a test fit.

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
Thank you Stan for your interest and posts regarding compatibility with your 2520. I have always struggled with a good tie down location on our 2520 especially with the loader or forks on. I've spent $25 on worse things. So just ordered a set myself to give them a test fit.
Well it turns out these will not work for me the way my tractor is configured. I have the extended weight bracket on the front. The bracket interferes enough that I can’t even bolt it up - and also even if I could there would be barely any hole showing in the tie down bracket.

Oh well - I’m going to put them on the shelf for now. If I ever need to haul my tractor somewhere with the loader on I can just remove the weight bracket in a couple minutes.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Ken's tie-downs

I ordered some of Ken's tie-down hooks for the front and rear of my 1025R, before he sold out of them. Right on his web site, it states that they are "not" compatible if you have the front Quick-Hitch parts mounted. That's true, if you use the grill gaurd mounting holes as instructed. My workaround was to use the rear mounting holes for the Quick-Hitch. In order to maintain room between the tractor frame and the the tie-down, so that there was enough room to slip a j-hook thru the tie-down, I simply used 1/4" spacers between the tie-down and tractor frame, giving me the necessary room.

I have loader mounted plow, but I wanted to keep the option open for frame mounting of my plow. For that reason, I didn't remove the Quick-Hitch. If I choose to remove my front loader, I can still easily attach a plow or snow blower, since the Quick-Hitch is still mounted and the hooks are not in the way. Also, notice that the loader parking arm is not in the way. Now I can utilize Ken's tie-downs in any configuration.

Great product. Get yours before he sells out. :thumbup1gif:

Thanks, Ken

Attachments

Reactions: kylew and Kennyd
21 - 32 of 32 Posts