Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know in one of the treads someone asked how far out does a full set (72 lb starter and 2 50 lb) of wheel weights stick out. I couldn't find that thread.

With 18 PSI in my rear tires the weights are 3 1/4" from the sidewall of the tire and 4 1/2" from flat lip of the rim.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Do you leave the starter weights on all the time? I have considered getting a pair but am afraid with the extra weight that I'll destroy my yard when mowing.

Jeff

·
Registered
523 Posts
My 50# weights don't seem to look like yours. They are a rounded profile on the outside, not a plane surface to mate another one to. Not sure what they look like on the inside face. Was hoping to add the 2x 50# to one side for hill work this spring.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred, it sounds like you have the plastic covered concrete weights. Mine are the cast iron weights.

You might be able to get a set of cast iron weights, mount them first and then mount your weights to the outside.

Do you have a picture of your weights?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Do you leave the starter weights on all the time? I have considered getting a pair but am afraid with the extra weight that I'll destroy my yard when mowing.

Jeff
I have mowed with 2 sets of the 50# weights + filled tires , no damage to the lawn.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must say that with all three weights (172lbs) on each wheel the traction and stability is significantly improved. Wish I had installed these from day one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts