Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor gave me an old simplicity sleeve hitch plow (free!). It’s a 10” but seems to be very well built. I don’t think I’ll have any trouble coming up with a way to attach it to the 3 point, but curious if this is too small to use behind a 1025r?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
10 inch plow too small:

Just right.
I have one of those plows that was made for Sears and in sandy soil it is a little small but in red clay or heavy soil it is about right. However I picked up the second plow and installed them on a tool bar to make a 2 bottom plow which really works great in sandy soil. I pull it with a 4100 but to use 2 they almost have to be placed on a tool bar so you can slide them back and forth for proper adjustment to make them run straight. It took me some time to get them properly set. If you are using in some sort of heavy soil the little frame itself is a little light and hitting a rock or root could bend the plow frame itself. Give it a try I think you will like it. I don't have a picture at this time and if I can figure this picture posting out I will upload one. So far every time I have tried my process has failed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got a Brinley that's about that size and it works great. Not too small by any means. I've debated adding a few lbs to it to help it break into the ground, but once she goes she flat digs.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Used My 10 Inch Brinly (craftsman Labeled sleeve Hitch) Plow On My X748 with Ruegg 3point adapter with one of the Very First Production Heavy Hitch sleeve Hitch Inserts(I was one of Greg from Heavy Hitches Guinea Pigs for the sleeve Hitch Insert) Then this Past fall I used it On My 1025R with Heavy Hitch. The Brinly Sleeve Hitch 10inch Plow's works great On the 1025R:thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Don't know that it's to small but if/when I buy one I'd get the 12" plow. Seen one on you tube that had a 14" and he said that it's just a tad big and said the 12" would have been better. The 10" will work though.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Don't know that it's to small but if/when I buy one I'd get the 12" plow. Seen one on you tube that had a 14" and he said that it's just a tad big and said the 12" would have been better. The 10" will work though.
Problem with the 12" is they don't make them any more.I got a 10" and turned it into a 3pt hitch. The problem with getting one on line like EA is they don't tell you what the pin to ground height is,and for cat 1 limited lift that's important.
X595 cat 1 3 pt plow - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

Attachments

Reactions: pcabe5 and Levi

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My middle buster can stop my 2520 when pulling full depth through virgin ground (i.e. old sod). I don't think this plow is too small for you 1025.

Rob

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Problem with the 12" is they don't make them any more.I got a 10" and turned it into a 3pt hitch. The problem with getting one on line like EA is they don't tell you what the pin to ground height is,and for cat 1 limited lift that's important.
X595 cat 1 3 pt plow - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Guess that ended that. My Financial Officer won't let me buy one anyway as she tells me I have a tiller so why would I need a plow?! :banghead:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Guess that ended that. My Financial Officer won't let me buy one anyway as she tells me I have a tiller so why would I need a plow?! :banghead:
3 reasons.....

1) You plow the garden under in the fall to break down the waste.
2)The plow goes deeper then the tiller, you get better roots for your plants,your tilling the same 6" all the time.
3)Two words...PLOW DAYS what a better way to have fun.:good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
3 reasons.....

1) You plow the garden under in the fall to break down the waste.
2)The plow goes deeper then the tiller, you get better roots for your plants,your tilling the same 6" all the time.
3)Two words...PLOW DAYS what a better way to have fun.:good2:
I like all 3 reasons and told her the first 2 but...she just doesn't understand me and my toys...uh, I mean my tractor and the equipment I want...uh, need. :mocking:

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
What needs would dictate if a man needed a one or two bottom plow?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
What needs would dictate if a man needed a one or two bottom plow?
How much you need to plow and how fast you need to get done.

Reactions: TJR345 and Yank
1 - 16 of 16 Posts