Green Tractor Talk banner

10 hour service interval finds

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  chex313 
#1 ·
I haven't been on in a while. Thought I'd fill y'all in on my April 2019 build date 1025 TLB/54mmm.

I had some chatter with MMM PTO engagement at 11.5 hours. Performed 10 hour service, removed deck to lubricate. Found loose set screw with no Loctite on quick attach/gear box. I was able to file and reuse it until I got a replacement to thread lock in.

20.5 hours, did complete visual inspections and greased fel and bh. both BH scv's were loose. nut backed clear off Dipper stick lever. blue thread locked and torqued with 19mm Crowfoot. I was able to install a 3/16 cotter pin in place of the original 1/8 pin too.

Mowed the lawn today and crossed the 30 mark to 33.7 hours. Upon completion, I stopped the engine to install my Fel pioneers and it would not crank afterwards. I'm very familiar with the sounds of a Nippon Denso starter and could here the main relay click but not the plunger in the starter. shifted to H and L and tried to start to verify shift neu messages. then I went straight to the starter to jump the solenoid and found the white signal wire from the ignition was no longer attached. Obviously vibrated off during 2 acre mowing. took 3 minutes to get cranking and running.

I've taken pictures of each issue and I will try to post.

Just wondering what some others with 2019's are seeing with early services too? Please post.

Lastly, I'm the guy with the newest owners manual who is supposed to change his engine oil at my next service, which I will be doing. Hopefully I don't find anything then.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is the white wire on the starter on a spade or a ring terminal on the end of the wire? Wondering if the nut was gone off the starter post or had the stud nut just come loose?

Sounds like you are a diligent owner who carefully checks his machine. This is a better approach for the long term operation of the machine. I am still surprised by the owners who find their 2018 and prior air cleaner bracket lying in the garage or yard and never noticed what had to be quite the metallic rattling sound of the bracket bouncing around enough to eventually come off the mounting studs on the valve cover bracket. But this has happened probably half a dozen times I am aware of........Some even posted pictures of the large metal bracket which had fallen completely off, asking what it was........

Just curious, did you check your wheel bolt torque levels to make sure all the wheels are tight? That's usually recommended in the first 10 hours and then at each service interval. There have been instances also where at least one rear wheel came off in the winter time, rendering the tractor stranded and inoperative for a period of about two weeks, before the dealer sent a roll back wrecker to collect the tractor to take to the dealer for repairs.

Reactions: glc
#3 ·
White wire is a spade Sulley and it just pulled off.
And yes sir, I torqued all wheels at the 10 hour service at 11 hours. All tight. I went 5 lb.ft. above spec. no take up was required to click on my micrometer (probably previously over torqued). Note, I did have the rim guard added pre-delivery not sure if they pulled the rears or not.

#4 · (Edited)
Must be a PA thing my set screw fell out after short usage, thankfully there are 2...This goes back to 2014 (I didn't use my MMM for the first 2 years). I also had the bolts falling out of the gear box, and it cut the belt...They did cover it when I explained I just started using the MMM.

Guess loctite is in short supply at the dealers.:unknown:

and I am joking about the PA thing, lots of us had those set screws fall out. Its a disaster if they both fall out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.