Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Yes it does. Like other things in life a full rack of weights makes any tractor look better.
Nothing like a nice rack.... of JD suitcase weights!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it really need that much weight up front to carry that, or is a lot of it used to keep the tiller from tossing the tractor around?

Allen.

Real nice set-up by the way! Love those tires!! How well does it run that?
I'm actually going up and down some steep slopes near a pond so I wanted to maintain as much stability as possible without the loader weight. The tiller is darn heavy, the 38 does whisle the turbo a bit running it loaded down. I actually bought this wieght kit to use a core aerator in our clay soil. Im normally adding 500 lbs of weight plus implement. And thank you, very fortunate and the tires have been amazing so far on turf, loose soil and kinda mud.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
I have the same tires and have nothing but good things to sat about them. I'll often use my box blade has ballast, and I have a ballast bow with 500lbs of cement because I am norming using my grapple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.