Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we figured we would do some cleaning and had a 20 yard dumpster dropped off Friday. We were going to just get a 10 yard, glad we didn't. I can not believe the amount of junk we have/had. We have been through the 4 out buildings and are now on to the basement and then to the attic. I have to tell you we are truly amazed at the amount of stuff. We will have no problem filling the 20 yarder. Oh, I also gave a good friend of mine 4 completely loaded pickup truck loads of steel to boot. This has turned out to be one of the better projects we have done in a long time. What really is amazing is how good both my wife and I feel about it. It's like a major stress load has been lifted.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
It is truely amazing how much STUFF one can accumulate over the years. I just went through what I called a "down sizing". It really does give you a good feeling, kind of a cleansing. So what prompted the task?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RandyM, We have been wanting to do it for the last couple years, I guess we sort of figured it would be a big project. The push came from the fact that we just placed my Father-in-law in a nursing home, he had lived with us for 20 some years and he had plenty of stuff that IMO was worthless. We also tore down an old barn to make room for a new barn/garage and could see no sense in stuffing the new building with worthless junk we took out of the old building. Life is good.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
The urge to purge removes the scourge so new projects can surge.

When to toss and when to save, a task that's meant for the truly brave.

We had a basement flood and were moving into a new house. Life took a multi-month penalty but the results were worth it.

If my life were as organized as my hard drive, that would be sweet. But I'd need about 1,000,000 sq feet of storage.

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
The push came from the fact that we just placed my Father-in-law in a nursing home, he had lived with us for 20 some years and he had plenty of stuff that IMO was worthless.
Kinda strange how a life changing event can promote an action. Our organizational event was preceded by the family down-sizing (4 to 2).

We also tore down an old barn to make room for a new barn/garage and could see no sense in stuffing the new building with worthless junk we took out of the old building. Life is good.
OOOOh, a new barn thread a comin'. :dance: How big and what style of building are you looking at?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Giz,

You were leading us to believe there was going to be another building to come, shucks. :mocking:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Giz,

You were leading us to believe there was going to be another buiding to come, shucks. :mocking:
OOPS! My Bad.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
The urge to purge removes the scourge so new projects can surge.

When to toss and when to save, a task that's meant for the truly brave.

We had a basement flood and were moving into a new house. Life took a multi-month penalty but the results were worth it.

If my life were as organized as my hard drive, that would be sweet. But I'd need about 1,000,000 sq feet of storage.

Pete
I nominate Pete to be DT's poet laureate. :laugh:

Does one get the DT's if they don't visit DT once a day?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts