Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day all.
If ya remember last yr I loaned out my tractor and the trans fluid came back Fried (Black) and the forward valve was bad. I replaced the fluid, filter, and cleaned the screen three times since and all seems OK. Was ran in 90* heat for days with broken trans fan.
I am coming up on 1000 hours (980) and have notice a slight loss of power when mowing. Not bogging like with the trans issue. Just not like new.:thumbsdown:
Anyway how bad is the 1000 hr engine service. I've read about valve adjustment and injector cleaning? Can this be a cause of power loss? I also noticed it runs a little rich, slight smoke at start up which I never got before. ALWAYS starts on 1st or 2nd turn though(GREAT)!

I do use Power Service Diesel Supplement with every tank of fuel from day one.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
By bad being difficult? I don't think either the valve adj or replacing the injectors is difficult. I have not read up on either but injectors can be cleaned with an additive and if i was pulling then to do that I would just replace them, like I do in a car, the labor is the main cost.

My mechanical friends never touch them unless they go bad and than only do one at a time...But that is because they make their money through labor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts