Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum, hoping for some advice, I get into these repair jobs sometimes for the local general store. At present it’s a 1020 that reportedly “worked fine Friday” then Saturday the 3 point raises all the way up on start up but won’t go down. It had a scraper blade on it at the time that was quite heavy. I have removed the top cover expecting to find a linkage broken or unhooked but found nothing apparently wrong. The lever feels really loose but the owner states it’s always felt that way. Looking for any suggestions for this. I also discovered what I assume is the draft control , has 3 positions L-LD-D not sure what they stand for but they seem to limit height or so it appears that is what it does . I didn’t see it till it was apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Over the weekend, somebody turned the rate of drop knob all the way tight. It usually is right under the front of the seat. Turn it to loosen it up a little bit and it will likely drop. You are not the first one to have this problem.

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over the weekend, somebody turned the rate of drop knob all the way tight. It usually is right under the front of the seat. Turn it to loosen it up a little bit and it will likely drop. You are not the first one to have this problem.

Dave
Does this physically limit the travel of the control lever? It has full travel

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Ditto what ddinham stated about R-O-D screw(keys 3-6) has been accidentally closed while getting on/off operators station. I witnessed this several times while I was employed at JD dealership. Some models had a metal tab on screw making it easier to move screw when getting on/off.

R-O-D screw & 3 pt control valve are independent of each other

-

Attachments

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
After more thought & determining from viewing OP's photo that R-O-D screw doesn't have tab I going to guess that L/D mechanism is the reason 3 pt won't lower. When you replace housing on trans case be sure to replace quad ring(T17882) on RH frt corner of trans case.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
First is to confirm the D L LD is in the D position. Spend some time reviewing this service manual section about the rock shaft/3pt hitch, maybe it will give you enough to get going.
Note: somehow the colored sections discussing oil flow has been turned black and white, so the drawings may not assist much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts