Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1966 1020 and interested in adding aftermarket power steering. Has anyone on here added this to their older tractors with manual steering? I am interested in hearing about if they were satisfied or dissatisfied after they installed it. There are a few kits that are available, but wanted to do some homework before purchasing. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I have a 1966 1020 and interested in adding aftermarket power steering. Has anyone on here added this to their older tractors with manual steering? I am interested in hearing about if they were satisfied or dissatisfied after they installed it. There are a few kits that are available, but wanted to do some homework before purchasing. Thanks.

Charlin probably makes a system for this. Someone can correct me if I spelled the name wrong. My father has a few of these kits on various older tractors. I don't know this tractor but he has two 2010s and both have factory power steering. I am surprised the 1020 would not of had it.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
No experience with the aftermarket version, but I would be tempted to hunt down a Deere part through a salvage yard. The one downside is that you risk picking up a shot column that you would need to rebuild, and there's a TON of seals and parts in that section.

Here's the repair manual section about the power steering system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts