Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 John Deere 1020 Diesel. The lights were functioning fine when I decided to move a new light from the front fender to the rear. I figured it grounded during installation and blew a fuse because now none of the lights work. I talked with my local Deere parts guy. He sold me an AR28493 Circuit Breaker which come to find out was not bad. I can’t see any other fuses on this tractor. Ideas? Could it be the switch itself? Ive not had a chance yet to run a tested for voltage yet. Hopefully that will tell me. I was just hoping someone here would say, oh I had the same issue. Below is a pic of the wiring. 20190405_140149.jpg 20190404_124311.jpg 20190404_124140.jpg

·
Registered
971 Posts
You need to check for voltage at the purple wire on back of light switch. There should be 12 volts there with key on. If not, then the key switch could be bad or the purple wire between key switch and light switch. The light switch is most likely bad if it has 12 volts supplied to it. The circuit breaker in your photo looks nasty, so I would replace it anyway. If it were bad, tractor should not start either.

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
Also check the connector at the base of the fender. They get brittle with age. On my 2030 the connector fell apart and shorted out the lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts