Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. New guy here with a question and a problem.

The problem is we have a leaky fuel tank. I can get that fixed, but there is a line that come from the top of the tank and goes to/under the hydraulic pump. It is wet half way down. What is this line for?

Thanks

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
12,199 Posts
Howdy. New guy here with a question and a problem.

The problem is we have a leaky fuel tank. I can get that fixed, but there is a line that come from the top of the tank and goes to/under the hydraulic pump. It is wet half way down. What is this line for?

Thanks
Welcome to GTT.
If your tractor is "Diesel", this line must be the fuel-return line, from the injection pump to the top of the fuel tank.

EDIT: My mistake!! The fuel return line runs over the top of the radiator.

There is a line that connects to the top of the oil-cooler reservoir and runs to the bottom of the hyd-pump. These are usually made of plastic.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
12,199 Posts
I cannot see fully how it's connected to the hydraulic pump. How does one replace this or splice it?

Thanks
This line connects to a 90° fitting to the bottom of the hyd-pump housing. The line bleeds off the hydraulic oil between the inner and outer pump shaft seal.

The line, (#31) in the image below, needs to be removed to find out where and why it's leaking. If the line is still in good condition, it can be splices with a compression fitting connection. The fluid that flows through the line is at a very low pressure.

To gain access to the 90° fitting at the bottom of the pump, remove the access cover between the tractor frame and the front axle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts