Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've seen this topic discussed at length. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that load and go brackets should work with a model year 20 tractor and corresponding 2020 deck.

I purchased my tractor 2 weeks ago and took it home, but they had to order the deck. I just picked up the deck and load-and-go brackets that I had included in the purchase. I got home, mowed my lawn and proceeded to install the brackets, only to find that the brackets don't fit my deck. Upon further inspection I found that while my tractor is a 2020, my deck is only a 2019.

Am I right in my understanding that I'd have no issues if I had received a 2020 deck?

I purchased the 54" deck to avoid scalping and maintain a smaller footprint. If the load-and-go brackets hadn't been available, I probably would have gone with the 60", as the convenience offered was worth it for me. What would you do if you were me?
1. Return the load-and-go brackets and keep the deck
2. Return the deck and wait for a newer 2020 deck that is compatible with the brackets?
3. Return the deck and brackets, and get the 60" deck and brackets that we all know will fit?

Lastly, what role do you think the dealer has in making this right? Whats reasonable for me to expect of them in working towards a compromise?

Thanks!

Maybe, hopefully, I'm just incompetent, and messed up the install and am overreacting. If so, roast me!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Your tractor might have been built in 2020, but it is a 2019 model. What is the serial number?
The new 2020 54" MMM will not fit your tractor.

·
Registered
397 Posts
With tractors, the year of manufacture has no correlation to the model year. Doesn't make sense, but that's just the way it is.

The still yet to be delivered to dealerships 2020 model will have a completely different way of attaching the new 7-Iron 54" MMM.

If your serial number is 1LV1023EALKxxxxxx, the L means built in 2020, and the K means it is a 2019 model.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You caught me! I just verified. My manufacture date is 2020, not my model! Dope! So out of my three options, only two are valid.

1. Return the load-and-go brackets and keep the deck
3. Return the deck and brackets, and get the 60" deck and brackets that we all know will fit

·
Registered
57 Posts
If it's important to you to have the brackets for ease of handling, you have no choice but to go with the 60" deck. In my opinion, if you don't have a hilly lawn you won't have to worry about scalping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called and talked to the salesman who sold it to me today. He said it's a bit more complicated as I've used the deck, but he will look into it, talk to the store manager and get back to me.

Sounds like they're willing to work with me, so I can't fault them for that.

·
Premium Member
9,672 Posts
Sounds like they're willing to work with me, so I can't fault them for that.
They sold you three things that should be compatible & work together. It was their goof up. They should know their own product line.

Stuff happens.

I hope they step up and help.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Watch the beginning part of this TTWT video:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard back from the dealer today. Their initial response was since they'd have to sell my deck used, it would be $700 difference to swap decks. I reminded him that they sold me a complete package, and that he had quoted me a $400 up charge when I purchased the tractor. He asked if I'd be willing to pay $400, and $50 for shop fees to setup the new deck to which I agreed. I feel bad as I the they'll be losing a few dollars on the deal, but. respect their willingness to make it right to retain a customer.

I've been chewing on it all day, and think I might call tomorrow and tell him if it's not too late, I'd be just fine sticking with the 54" deck. It was a simple mistake, and one that I've decided I can live with. In the end it will save me a few dollars, and the dealership won't take an additional hit.

·
Premium Member
9,672 Posts
I feel bad as I the they'll be losing a few dollars on the deal, but. respect their willingness to make it right to retain a customer.
You feel bad because they don't know their own product line?

I'd be asking them how much it would cost them to sell the whole "packaged" as used when I canceled the contract and sent the whole works back to them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
...... I've been chewing on it all day, and think I might call tomorrow and tell him if it's not too late, I'd be just fine sticking with the 54" deck. It was a simple mistake, and one that I've decided I can live with. In the end it will save me a few dollars, and the dealership won't take an additional hit.
They will not take any kind of hit. They will either sell it used at cost (or a bit more), or use it for potential buyer demonstrations where they drag a tractor and implements out to their property to show them what it can do, or use it as a loaner, ...then write it off after a while.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don’t feel bad. This is on them 100% They didn’t know what they were doing and didn’t care enough to worry about siphoning money out of you. Don’t back down.

Reactions: greenharley

·
Premium Member
14,880 Posts
IMO I would keep the 54" ,, and it is there mistake not yours..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got back from the dealer, and left with what I feel is a fair resolution. I'm keeping the 54" deck. I'm happy to maintain the more narrow footprint, and also limit the likelihood of scalping. In return I was able to trade the load-and-go brackets straight up for an iMatch quick hitch. By my measure, I came out ~$50 ahead.

On top of this, I've maintained my relationship with my dealer and saved my pocket book ~$500. When it comes down to it, I didn't want the 60" deck, I wanted the 54" with load and go. In the absence of what I wanted, I think I've received the second best option.

To note, I think I'll be really happy with the quickhitch, and was already considering purchasing it anyways. I recently moved into new construction, which requires much dirt work while landscaping. I also still have a rather large area to mow. As a result I end up swapping back and forth between the FEL and MMM every week, and look forward to being able to drop the ballast box without much effort.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The dealer will remember that you've done him a favor. Put it in your pocket and save it for your next deal. I also use the 54" deck with the mulch kit. It's a good way to go and you'll see great results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts