Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While mowing with my 1023e the other day it started to get dark so I turned on my headlights. They, of course, helped but it seemed like they were a little dim. Then I realized I'm not as young as I used to be! Yea, I just said that... Anyway, was wondering if anyone has tried to get LED headlight replacement bulbs for their SCUT? If so, where did you get them and what was the part number? I've looked a little but not sure what to get? Thanks folks!!

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
While mowing with my 1023e the other day it started to get dark so I turned on my headlights. They, of course, helped but it seemed like they were a little dim. Then I realized I'm not as young as I used to be! Yea, I just said that... Anyway, was wondering if anyone has tried to get LED headlight replacement bulbs for their SCUT? If so, where did you get them and what was the part number? I've looked a little but not sure what to get? Thanks folks!!
The problem I had wasn't the lack of lumens, it was that the bucket tends to block the headlights. I added a couple of pairs of auxiliary LED floods to my 1023E (below), switched by the light switch on the dash. Plenty of light now...

·
Registered
41 Posts
The problem I had wasn't the lack of lumens, it was that the bucket tends to block the headlights. I added a couple of pairs of auxiliary LED floods to my 1023E (below), switched by the light switch on the dash. Plenty of light now...

Nice setup, looks great! Which lights are those?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I think there are several threads on led replacements . I changed my headlight and fender lights to led the first week of ownership on my 1025R . Huge improvement ! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Nice setup, looks great! Which lights are those?
Mouunted on a magnet base on the ROB brush guard:
Amazon.com: AMBOTHER LED Pods Light Bar 4 Inch 120w 12800lm Driving Fog Off Road Lights Triple Row Waterproof Spot Flood Combo Beam LED Cubes Lights For Pickup Truck Jeep ATV UTV SUV Boat, 2 Year Warranty, 2 Pack: Automotive
These are on magnetic bases, so rotatable to point in any direction

Mounted on the fenders:
Amazon.com: 7inch LED Light Bar 2pcs 240W Offroad Driving Lights LED Pods Spot Flood Combo Beam Fog lights Waterproof Led Work Lights for UTV ATV Jeep Truck Boat: Automotive

The lights are all on two-connector plugs at their exit points so can be detached, switched around, etc. I left a lot of extra cable on the ROP lights. The magnets mount up easily...but these are pretty robust...hard to move around because they grip so tight.
Amazon.com: BIGTEDDY - N52 Heavy Duty River Lake Salvage Fishing Recovery Magnet Strong Round M8 Rare Earth Neodymium Countersunk Magnetic Hooks Ceiling 130kg / 286 lbs. Pull Force: Home Improvement

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I took some pictures last fall of the OEM lights and the visibility then the LED's and the difference. Dramatic improvement in light quality and visibility....

First picture shows the difference between OEM light and new LED light when looking at the tractor. Then there is a picture of the light quality with the OEM lights (which from the fenders on the 1025r get moved up to the cab roof when installing the cab) and the same picture, same location with the new LED lights.....

Attachments

Reactions: Toughsox and Bill56

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I ordered some interior light upgrades through Amazon for dome lights, etc. I think the entire kit of LED's was $10 and it dramatically improved the interior light quality too. I used the remainder of the kit to upgrade the dome lights in our SUV's.........

Items which came in the kit, the OEM light on one side of the dome light and LED on the other and then the view of the dome light with the OEM light output and the dome light with the LED lights installed..........Not to mention the LED is not producing the heat behind the dome light lens like the filament bulb does / did...........

Attachments

Reactions: Toughsox and Bill56

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts