Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,957 Posts

·
Administrator
17,287 Posts
I know what they are, usually incorporated with a FOPS (falling object prevention system) but I’ve never seen it on a 1, 2, 3 or 4 series.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have seen the tractors used by local highway departments and forestry departments decked out with this stuff but I have never seen a compact tractor from any manufacturer having anything like it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
12,540 Posts
Just curious, what are you doing with a 1 series that you would want this :dunno:

·
Registered
185 Posts
A limb riser is not a bad idea. I do a lot of brush hogging along the woods and its a pain with how many limbs wack my rops, my lights, and me. I might make something a little more heavy duty than steel cable, like actual bar stock but I like the idea. Worth a try. It will at least protect the hood from scratches.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
A limb riser is not a bad idea. I do a lot of brush hogging along the woods and its a pain with how many limbs wack my rops, my lights, and me. I might make something a little more heavy duty than steel cable, like actual bar stock but I like the idea. Worth a try. It will at least protect the hood from scratches.
But could you raise the hood with it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
But could you raise the hood with it?
Doing a simple google search makes it seem like this is a pretty common thing to do. I know I have seen a similar setup on the county mowing tractors. I am sure they can still open the hood but ideally I would want to have them removable since I only brush mow a few times a year during the summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Just curious, what are you doing with a 1 series that you would want this :dunno:

I'm a para.
It would help getting on and off, keep things off of me when working around the edge of woods, give me something to grab onto when trying to get situated in the seat, some where to mount my sprayer gauge and controls, and a place to rest a limb-feller (and the one shown would be great, I use the old pruning type now and it a pain).

·
Registered
12,540 Posts
I'm a para.
It would help getting on and off, keep things off of me when working around the edge of woods, give me something to grab onto when trying to get situated in the sea, and help hold up a limb-feller...
Got it, should work, what year is your tractor? Shouldn’t be too hard for a fabricator to design something for you off of the forward leaning ROPS of the ‘18’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wise old saying

Grand Pappy always said:
"The further you push the tree limb out of your way with the bucket, the harder it smacks you in the face when it returns" :lolol::lolol::lolol::laugh::laugh::laugh::lol::lol::mocking:

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Alternate to a limb riser > limb feller.

View attachment 638368
CoalTrain ~ after my recent tree trimming I'm thinking I need one of these instead of the pole saw I have now.

Do you have one of these trimmers? Would you recommend one? :unknown:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts