Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw a thread about a "Stop Sale" order for some SCUTs but Deere just posted this recall notice on their Facebook page:

If you purchased a John Deere 1023E or 1025R Compact Utility Tractor from March 2017 through October 2017, read this notice. In voluntary cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, we've issued a recall to address a hazard associated with the Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS). Some ROPS retaining bolts may have been over torqued and stretched, which increases the potential for them to break. If a ROPS retaining bolt breaks, the ROPS may not maintain the operator zone of protection during a rollover. Visit www.JohnDeere.com/1023E-1025R-ROPSbolt-Recall for the serial numbers of the compact utility tractors included in this recall. If your compact utility tractor’s serial number is on the list, contact your John Deere dealer for more information. John Deere has not received any reports of injuries due to this issue. To learn more about this recall, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission website at: http://bit.ly/2Bc2PID.

https://www.deere.com/assets/pdfs/common/parts-and-service/recalls/1023E and 1025R Compact Utility Tractor Recall Serial Number.pdf?cid=VURL_1023E-1025R-ROPSbolt-Recall

John Deere 1023E and 1025R Compact Utility Tractor Recall Serial Number List

This recall involves certain 1023E and 1025R John Deere compact utility tractors
sold from March 2017 through October 2017 with the model number and the
“John Deere” brand name printed on the hood. The serial number is located on
the right side of the frame by the front, right tire. A complete list of compact
utility tractor serial numbers included in this recall is located below. If your
compact utility tractor’s serial number is on the list, contact your John Deere
dealer for more information.

See the linked document above for teh list of serial numbers.

·
Premium Member
13,645 Posts
So that’s how they notify owners - via facebook?
My guess Stan it was just released, I checked on my JDF account and there was nothing listed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OxPath and Robnik

·
Super Moderator
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that’s how they notify owners - via facebook?
I'm sure they'll get around to sending something via the mail by June or July! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
13,645 Posts
Just checked mine, not on the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
Made this a sticky for now :good2:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It comes as no surprise. It seems pretty much every fastener I've encountered has been over tightened by the factory with a few to the point they were stripped. I just encountered one of the loader mount bolts that was stripped when removing it for the cab install (factory built TLB).

Reactions: BigJim55 and PJR832

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ran some OCR software on the pdf in the link and then searched for my serial number. I expected to see a long string of numbers similar to mine, instead the numbers skip around a bit. It almost looks like it was every 20-30th tractor off the line. Or, almost like one particular assembler's station was acting up as opposed to all tractors during a given time frame being over tightened.

Anyway, just my observation.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just checked mine, not on the list:bigthumb:

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Just got a notice from Deere Today On the ROPS Bolt Issue My 1025R is Under the recall range
Dealer's Haven't even revived a fix for it By Deere Yet They Just found Out Monday from Mother Deere
If I roll the 1025R on my Property I am a Idiot it's flat as a Pancake
I'll still get it fixed regardless though. When Deere tells the dealers what the fix is or weather It's just going to be a Inspection or Just a New Bolt Kit
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,132 Posts
Just got a notice from Deere Today On the ROPS Bolt Issue My 1025R is Under the recall range
Dealer's Haven't even revived a fix for it By Deere Yet They Just found Out Monday from Mother Deere
If I roll the 1025R on my Property I am a Idiot it's flat as a Pancake
I'll still get it fixed regardless though when Deere tells the dealers what the fix is or weather It's just going to be a Inspection or Just a New Bolt Kit
:bigthumb:
Did it come via snail mail or via email?

Who sent it, Corporate Deere or other?

Just curious.......

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Did it come via snail mail or via email?

Who sent it, Corporate Deere or other?

Just curious.......
John Deere corp letter head via snail mail:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
9,132 Posts
Well, my tractor isn't on the list but the machine 33 serial numbers before mine and the next one is 66 numbers after mine..........

Hey, That makes mine 1 in a hundred......:laugh:

I don't have the factory ROPS anymore, anyways.........................:good2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bolt kit replacement, simple fix

I just took delivery on a 1025r TLB two weeks ago. It was in the serial number range on the stop sale so the dealer had to replace the mounting hardware on the ROPS before they could release it. Glad they fixed it as I’ll be spending a lot of time on some hills.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
if you are many miles from a dealer do they come out and change them?
I have no trailer
My dealer will come to the House. Because to change out the Hardware isn't really going need the tractor in the shop to do it:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Talked to my dealer today they have 2018 1025r's they can't sell due to the bolt issue and have no idea when they're getting replacement parts.It also effects gators too.

Reactions: keane and PJR832

·
Registered
417 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts