Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the actual arrival home was thursday but I only have a lap top at home and loading pics with it is a PIA so I waited till today when I'm back at my desk top.. Figured its a big no, no to post about new equip without pics!.. Anyway.. The trip was long but smooth as silk.. I'm glad I changed my rental plans to a cube truck vs renting a trailer.. With a 3 1/2 hour drive home it was nice not having to worry about wind or weather and securing the load was a breeze.. The truck had a wood floor so I just screwed cut pieces of 2x4 to the floor.. One in front and one behind each tire as chocks.. Worked like a charm.. Neither the tractor or atv moved so much as an inch.. The inside length of the truck was 15 1/2 feet so we loaded the atv in at the front and turned it sideways (it's 48" wide).. Then the dealer loaded the tractor in from his fixed ramp and disconnected the bucket.. We turned it sideways and bungied it to the wall.. Then the tractor including with the ballast box attached fit right in with about 3" to spare.. One of the pics is taken from iside the cab of the truck.. The atv is front and center and you can see the tractor in behind it.. For those who may have read my threads leading up to delivery day regarding unloading and the use of ramps etc to get the tractor off.. You know that I had a dilema on my hands for off loading.. I borrowed some heavy duty ramps and got it done without issue.. The ramps you see in the background of the one pic were what I used for the atv (NOT) the tractor.. The dealer went over everything with me and I was satisfied with how everything worked.. The deck and loader went on and off with no issues.. Of course there's always nit picky things you notice after you get equipment like this home.. My only complaints so far are that the dealer forgot to put on all of the colored rubber hose plugs for the hydraulic lines on the loader itself except the red one.. So I need him to mail me the black - blue and yellow ones.. There is a drain plug missing in the front storage box of the atv, there is no manual for the loader. There's a manual for the deck and the tractor but nothing for the loader.. Is there supposed to be one?.. Beyond that, the only other issue with the tractor is that the hood does not appear to line up properly.. How is the fit and finish on your hood?.. If looking at mine from the front the left side is down lower than the right.. Probably 3/4 of an inch lower and there is a gap on one side big enought to see daylight through.. Anyone else with a hood that doesn't seem to fit right?.. Looking forward to getting some seat time on both machines.. The tractor is outstanding in every way.. Thanks to all for your input which helped me greatly in getting these two buggies home safely..

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,463 Posts
Looks to me like a home run. Congratulations golf12.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You got them home! Congratulations! :good2:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Both look very happy in their new home....

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
Congrats on the new eqpt and glad you had a safe trip.

·
Premium Member
9,160 Posts
Congrats on the new toys!

·
Registered
709 Posts
You should have gotten a manual for your loader also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts