Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum and I seen a lot of good info on here. Here is my issue. I just bought a used 54 inch snow plow off a 1026 and it was complete minus the front peices that go up in the frame. Part number blv10160. So I bolted everything up to my 1023 and went to install the first bracket and it wouldn't slide into the rails. Here to find out its 3/16 to tight. Anyone else run into a issue like mine.

·
Super Moderator
5,297 Posts
You did install your mounting plates on the INSIDE of the frame, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes in the inside. The frame width is 13" minus two 1/2 plates comes to 12" width. The hitch is 12 3/16 wide. I know I can mill the brackets but I figured a 86 $ kit should be correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
The correct QH mtg brkt kit is LVB26046 for the 1023E/1026R. Should look like the attached pics.

Attachments

Reactions: Levi and etcallhome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the pictures my bracket are noticeably thicker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now the deere dealer says that the 1026 and 1023 have different hitches. I don't know what gives.

·
Premium Member
15,084 Posts
The correct QH mtg brkt kit is LVB26046 for the 1023E/1026R. Should look like the attached pics.
Now the deere dealer says that the 1026 and 1023 have different hitches. I don't know what gives.

The Mtg brkt kit listed is for 1023e/102r and it is the bracket and the mounting part the quick hitch sets on .

As for dealer telling you they have different hitches ,,,something is wrong.

Same part number for both 1023e and 1026r

LVU25908 Lift Arm 2 Plate, Front Hitch Mount this is from JD parts website. This is just the plates not the kit.

Looked up your part # it still goes to show the same part # for the Plate, front hitch mount.

I'm wondering ,if the mower brackets have gotten bent ,, Check to see if both of them are hanging straight down, Might need to take a large hammer 3# or so to get the extra width.
My old 1026r was very tight the first few times I went to install the mount.
Even wondering if you check the quick hitch if some old paint is causing the trouble. If nothing else grind a slight amount off each end of the quick hitch rod 1/8" or so on each end. Should not have to do this but if it is that close.

Reactions: Levi

·
Super Moderator
5,297 Posts
The LVB26046 kit is discontinued. That was for the 1023E and 1026R.

The BLV10160 is the current kit for the 1023E, 1025R and 1026R

Deere Sale Manual

Reactions: Bill Berger

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Nice to see you were able to make it work. :good2:
Not only make it work but it looks like a job well done.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead...

Does anyone know the actual difference between the (front mounting kit) part numbers LVB26046 (discontinued) and BLV10160 (new) besides the price?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts