Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been discussed previously, however the search function did not come up with much. I have a 2013 1023E. Had it since 99hrs. Had fresh fluids in it from the dealer at that point. I changed all fluids at 200hrs. 5W40 T6 Rotella at that point (engine). Currently 260hrs and had to add a quart to engine. So 1 quart consumption in 60hrs. Is this normal? Usage is primarily mowing, so high power setting.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Apologies if this has been discussed previously, however the search function did not come up with much. I have a 2013 1023E. Had it since 99hrs. Had fresh fluids in it from the dealer at that point. I changed all fluids at 200hrs. 5W40 T6 Rotella at that point (engine). Currently 260hrs and had to add a quart to engine. So 1 quart consumption in 60hrs. Is this normal? Usage is primarily mowing, so high power setting.

Thanks in advance.
Not really. 1025R goes 200 with little usage(less than a pint).

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You might have had it full at your last service but not added a bit extra for what gets stuck in the oil filter.

Reactions: JDGreen-n-Yellow

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,501 Posts
1025R here- > 4 years old and about 310hrs. Oil consumption isn't measurable between oil changes. Drain it, fill it, run it (to get oil in the filter) check it, add as needed, then run it till next change. This level after the filter getting filled and oil toped off is basically where it is again when it's time for its annual oil change next time.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Are you seeing a lot of smoke?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Max oil consumption is 0.47oz/hr, which would = 28.2oz for your 60hrs. I would check the coolant for signs of oil and perform a leakdown test (preferably) or a compression test.. It wouldn't hurt to sample the oil to see if there are any clues like high iron or silicon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No oil leaks, no smoke and no oil in coolant. The oil was topped up to compensate for the filter volume at the last service. If 28 ounces for 60hr is normal max consumption, I am probably good. The line on the dipstick in the dark shed may have missed a couple of ounces.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I've never noticed mine needing oil. On the other hand, since I average about 30 hours a year and the oil gets changed once a year, that could explain why I never see a drop in level.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Haven’t ever had to add oil in 5 years of owning the tractor. I change oil and filter every 100 hours or 1 year, what ever comes first. Have never had a any indication that oil is consumed buy engine. Unless I have to learn something new. I didn’t think there is any oil consumption vs hours on the diesel rigs. Or if there is, I thought it is minuscule and negligible. A leak is a different story. Thank god, no leaks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I put 300hr on mine last year and had to add oil before it was time to change it.
I'm almost due again at 630.1 and it's on add so I'll probably just go ahead and change mine early.
Mine uses some but not enough for me to be concerned about it yet. 👍🏻🙂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.