Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,441 Posts
Probably an adjustment of his PS line would have prevented the issue, but now the damage is done. I would be reluctant to change the length or even the fittings, however, I would install it in a way which avoids the rubbing which likely led to this problem.

Usually, its not a major adjustment, just "tweaking" the hose to avoid the contact. Also, some people have caught their PS hoses on sticks or debris and put pressure on them even twisting the fittings. I would be inclined to have the dealer make the new hose the same way and just make sure its installed to avoid issues.

Also, make sure the dealer doesn't use fittings which are longer or change the length, etc. I have seen some hoses made where they used multiple fittings instead of the right ONE fitting and it created clearance issues. You don't want that to happen........

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,441 Posts
Our area dealer group usually makes the lines as needed, in about 10 minutes, instead of stocking all of the different lines. They have all of the fittings and hose and the machine to make the correct high pressure connections on the hose. I usually watch them make the lines I need and they have a source which tells them all of the exact dimensions for the OEM lines in case the customer doesn't have the line off the machine yet for them to measure.........

Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,441 Posts
It looks like yours goes higher inside the frame rail, then loops down before it loops up to the hard line.
I am guessing I should have tried clocking the 90° fitting more clockwise. I though the hose would be rubbing the bottom edge of the frame when I stopped.

I wonder if the 1025r hose is shorter than the 1023e hose? Shorter might have been better, but at $49 for the hose, we did not want to experiment.

Parts catalog show there are the same P/N so they are the same length

It appears that there have been some upgrades made to the hoses / lines. These screen shots on the 1023e show the old and new part numbers for each.

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

Rectangle Organism Font Parallel Screenshot

Reactions: Jeff B
1 - 3 of 3 Posts