Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,911 Posts
Haven't heard of the hose rubbing the 90 before just rubbing on the tire at times, but I can see where it's possible.

Mine was rubbing the tire and probably was orientated similar to what you describe. This is how I adjusted the RH hose to keep it from rubbing the tire. It would also work to eliminate rubbing the 90 in your situation. It may look like it's hitting the frame but it's not.

As far as changing the length, I dunno. I wouldn't want it to be longer, and I wouldn't shorten it much. An inch or two at most? Maybe take the leaker off and play around with it to get an idea. If you could jack up the front end and get jack stands on the frame securely, you could test different lengths while being able to pivot the axle.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Super Moderator
3,911 Posts
You are right, it was rubbed by the left front tire when at full left lock of the steering.
If you orientate it like I show in my photo, it should take of that problem.

Reactions: Jeff B

·
Super Moderator
3,911 Posts
Z5, I know I'm late with this picture, but here's a side view of the hose. I know in the other photo it looks close to the frame but you can see the clearance better.
The hose measures approx.15" overall. You can see the wear on it from the tire rubbing. Wore through the rubber and exposed the braiding underneath, but it doesn't leak.
Yes, those are new tenny shoes in the background. Forgot to check full left lock to make sure the new tire doesn't hit the hose, but I'm sure it won't. I'll update if I have to adjust the hose again.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Hood

1 - 3 of 3 Posts