Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect this has been written up before, but if not I mounted mirrors on the 1023E ROP by purchasing the mirrors:

and u bolts:

from Amazon. I then fabricated a mounting plate from 1/4 steel plate with six holes for the u bolts and mirror arms. The mounts could have been thinner, but the thicker plate may dampen the vibration a bit. It seems pretty solid and the vibration at operating RPM isn't bad. The field of view is very good and the mirrors aren't in the way when getting on or off of the tractor. At present I have the mirrors in the horizontal position, as seen in the picture, but I'm sure that I will try different orientations/angles till I find what is most effective. The only real question is why I didn't do this years ago.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
If you don’t fold your ROPS down you could mount them up high with the mirrors pointing downwards.
Looks nice and gives you a good rear view I’m sure!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The connection to the ROPS is very stiff, but I don't think I would use the mirror arms to pull myself onto the tractor. They appear to be pot metal or aluminum castings. Strong enough to serve their intended purpose, but not much beyond that. As for mounting them higher, I may do that if the loss of visibility to the sides bothers me, but the current position seems fine for now. They can be positioned about anywhere on the ROPS that has 3-4" of open space.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Do you have other pics? Like from the side? I have mirrors mounted on my FEL and hate them. They don't work like I thought they would. So having something like this, even on one side would be nice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some additional pictures. Something I forgot to mention is that I did not use the mounting bolts that came with the mirrors as they didn't have a lot of surface area where they touched the mirrors. Instead I got appropriately sized carriage bolts that just fit through the slots in the mirror arms. The threaded section just barely fit through the slots and I filed two flats on each of the bolts where the heads fit into the slots to make them fit (the angled flats might have damaged the slots without this fitting). With the carriage bolts and the 1/4" plate brackets it all seems very solid.
Mirror Plant Automotive tire Automotive mirror Motor vehicle
Mirror Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant Wood
Plant Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts