Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just into my 50 hours of use and I have a leak. It is coming from a coupling on the left steering cylinder. It’s tight, but leaks. Doesn’t seem to come off when I loosen the nut. When I loosen the nut, the coupler wiggles a bit. I will contact my dealer, but wanted to see if this is something simple first. I have not found any similar issues posted, this may be because I have no idea what I’m talking about. See pics. Thanks.

71947861-D75A-466A-93C0-AB06A9F3B598.jpeg

·
Premium Member
12,165 Posts
You probably just need to replace the O-ring.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts
That nut that is leaking is a jam-nut. Behind it is an o-ring, To replace that o-ring, remove the hose from the fitting by loosening the nut that is under the chaff guard, then loosen the jam-nut, then unscrew elbow from cylinder. :good2:

Replace o-ring and reassemble. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
That is what's called an "ORB" fitting, for O-Ring Boss. This is a picture of one, but Jason gave you the correct steps to remove it.

I would take the hose off, loosen the jam nut, then turn the fitting one full turn and then tighten the jam nut before doing anything else-that may cure your leak.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
1 more word of advice of the o-ring needs replaced don't just match it up with something get the correct one.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
Gotta love a simple fix :good2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts