Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heavy curved bracket below the air cleaner on my 1025 broke -- I found out from a YouTube video that this is a common failure at around 150 hours and that the original fix (a thicker part designed and sold by JD) also fails at the same timeframe. So now there is a full revision that mounts the filter from the front support panel. In calling the dealer for the parts they said they would not sell the parts loose because "they needed to check the engine compression to see if the engine may need replacing" (another recall?) My question is -- have you run across this issue and why does John Deere not email its owners about these kinds of campaigns? I would have never known about the bracket recall if I had not seen the Tractor Time with Tim video covering "Johnny's" first and second bracket replacements. Also -- have any of you heard about engine issues with a 2016 vintage 1025?

·
Registered
27,283 Posts
There is a lot of info about this in stickies at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
279 Posts
First, since this is your first post...welcome to the forum. Not sure if you've been a lurker, but if you have you should have been reading more. This community is invaluable for people who own these machines. From common problems like this, general maintenance, and of course great ways to spend your money on accessories.

As Stan mentioned, there's lots of info about this here. Two topics in the sticky note specifically,

As peppered throughout other discussions.

I didn't want to deal with my dealer so I ordered the parts for greentractorpart.com You'll find a list of parts and part numbers in the discussions. It'll cost you around $150. The air filters themselves are part of your 200 hours service so that's kind of an upcoming cost for you anyway.

When I got the parts, it took me less than 30 minutes and there is a YouTube video from Tractor Time with Tim that walks you through the steps. I'd pull the link for you, but I'm at work and YouTube is blocked. Maybe someone else can get that for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks much! 1) I instantly see the value of the forum; 2) I have lined up a review by the dealer to make sure I don't lunch the engine due to damage caused by the broken bracket and 3) John Deere has a communication problem -- It looks like they are just waiting me out so the failure happens after the warranty period -- it the potential damages are this dramatic (loss of an engine) then JD should have issued a recall to all affected customers. I appreciate the fast responses from both Stan and Zeke!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks much! 1) I instantly see the value of the forum; 2) I have lined up a review by the dealer to make sure I don't lunch the engine due to damage caused by the broken bracket and 3) John Deere has a communication problem -- It looks like they are just waiting me out so the failure happens after the warranty period -- it the potential damages are this dramatic (loss of an engine) then JD should have issued a recall to all affected customers. I appreciate the fast responses from both Stan and Zeke!
I was at 188 hours and mine still hadn't broke, but I wasn't going to wait and see.

Good luck.

Reactions: jimmylh

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I replaced mine as well with the parts to move it onto radiator panel. Wasn't gonna take chance of broken engine cover out of warranty.

Reactions: jimmylh

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Did just the bracket break, or did it also crack the engine cover too? If the engine cover is fine, I don't see how that would damage the internals. You should post some pics. I just ordered the parts on line and converted it myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.