Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a tractor sometime in the (near?) future. One job for the green machine will be to lift items to the 2nd floor garage door (similar to a hayloft door) approximately 10 feet. Will a 1025 lift that high or do I need a bigger tractor?
Thanks

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
The ones series won't even come close. You may have to step up to the 3 series or larger to reach 10'.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
I am planning on getting a tractor sometime in the (near?) future. One job for the green machine will be to lift items to the 2nd floor garage door (similar to a hayloft door) approximately 10 feet. Will a 1025 lift that high or do I need a bigger tractor?
Thanks
Either a bigger tractor or shorter garage.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
According to Deere, the loaders can lift to:

H120 loader on a 1 series: 71.2".

H130 loader on a 2 series: 78.7"

H165 loader on a 3 series: 102"

H180 loader on a 4 series tractor: 110"

H240 loader on a 5 series tractor: 10' 11".

Keep in mind that's measured at the bucket pivot pins, the bottom of the bucket or level of the forks will be a little bit below that. I seriously doubt you'll be interested in the 5 series, but I figured I'd include it anyway. There are several loader options for the 5 and bigger tractors, the H240 was the smallest one.

·
Super Moderator
5,113 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks
You might get greater lift with a 3 point forklift attachment.

More expensive and requires hydraulic hook-up, but safer against tipover since the load CG is closer to the fixed rear axle.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
a 3 series will be fine for 10'.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've seen on other forums where guys have put in hoists or elevators to raise things from ground level to the loft or second floor. Depends on what exactly you want to store up there and how often you put it up there or take it down.
We have used two tractors to lift round bales into the barn hayloft. One on a flatbed trailer parked next to the loft door, and the second one on the ground. The ground tractor passes the bale from its hay spear to the spear of the second tractor, which continues lifting the bale to the loft floor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts