Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shifted my 1025 into high range and I heard a clunk and now the shift lever is loose. It flops around although it will still shift. Has anyone had this happen and if so what did you do to correct the issue. I have had the 1025 for about 18 months 103 hrs would this be covered by warranty? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Should be covered by warranty but I would check for a simple fix first. It could be a linkage issue? I am sure someone with more knowledge than me or access to a parts diagram will be on shortly to provide some help.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Your tractor is still under warranty at 18 months. (24 months or 2000 hours, Whichever Comes First, Powertrain 36 months or 2000 hours, Whichever Comes First)

The John Deere parts catalog can be accessed online here: John Deere - Parts Catalog

All you do is put in your model (1025R) and click find.

Here is the diagram for the transaxle range control lever:

View attachment 33605

Here is the diagram for the range shift:

View attachment 33606

It looks to me that the transaxle range control lever (19M8637 - M10 x 40 with M10 lock nut) bolts up to part #5 (LVU21810 - Arm) on the Range Shift. If the range control lever is flopping around / loose but it is still shifting and locking into place, it could be that the M10 x 40 bolt is loose.

If it's not locking into place, it could be the spring and ball bearing (11 & 12). The ball presses in on detents on the rail (10) to get it to lock in low, neutral, and high. If that spring failed, or the ball came out, it would shift, but would not "lock" in the detents as you shifted it back and forth.

Since there was a pop, I'm guessing either the ball came out or the spring failed. Here are the part numbers:

View attachment 33610

Here's the theory of operation from the service manual:

View attachment 33609

1 - 3 of 3 Posts