Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my 1025, I tried to shift into neutral and the lever moved, but it doesn't move the linkage. TIA for any help

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Lever moves but doesn't feel like it's actually engaging anything? Sounds like something came apart inside in the transmission .

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Lever moves but doesn't feel like it's actually engaging anything? Sounds like something came apart inside in the transmission .
I fear you maybe right, but hopefully not. There has been posts of similar issues with the front wheel drive engagement lever. In that instance, the roll pin that secures the lever to shaft to falls out. I checked the exploded view, in JD Parts, of the range selector mechanism and that would not be the case. I'm wondering if the bolt that secures the lever to fork shaft worked loose and the lever is no longer engaging the shaft flats? Again, viewing the exploded view, anything more than that and I suspect you have encountered other issues when it was last running.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fear you maybe right, but hopefully not. There has been posts of similar issues with the front wheel drive engagement lever. In that instance, the roll pin that secures the lever to shaft to falls out. I checked the exploded view, in JD Parts, of the range selector mechanism and that would not be the case. I'm wondering if the bolt that secures the lever to fork shaft worked loose and the lever is no longer engaging the shaft flats? Again, viewing the exploded view, anything more than that and I suspect you have encountered other issues when it was last running.
Was working fine when I parked in the garage from the last use. When I went to start it the next time is when I couldn't get it in neutral to start it

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
I haven't looked at just how it's hooked up but have you looked at where it goes into the trans and see if it moves at all at that point?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Is it moving without resistance or does it tend to "spring" back? If there is tension on the gears, it won't release. Brake off? Try rocking the tractor back & forth to release any tension on the gears.

Reactions: Levi and glc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't looked at just how it's hooked up but have you looked at where it goes into the trans and see if it moves at all at that point?
Going to try to look at it today. I have been under the weather for the past few weeks. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts