Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I am a newbie and this is my first real post. I have had my new 2020 model year 1025R for a few months. It has been great using the Bucket Loader, Backhoe, Grapple, and Forks over the fall and winter. Just installed my 60D Auto Connect Mid Mount mower and tried to engage the mid-PTO for the first time. Followed the manual to the letter. Rear PTO works fine. Light on PTO switch comes on for rear PTO. No switch light, movement, or sound with the PTO lever in the MID or Mid/Rear settings. Is there a fuse somewhere? Just trying to avoid having to take it to the dealer and waiting to get service. The grass is growing in the meantime. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Are you on the seat and is the brake released?

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you on the seat and is the brake released?
Thanks for the response. I am on the seat, brake on, in neutral. Had the manual in my hand and followed every step to the letter. Switch lights up for rear but not for Mid or Mid/Rear setting.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I know there is a few years difference between my 2012 1026r and your 2020 1025R, but I need to be in gear, but on the seat and the brake released to engage the front PTO. I haven't had my mower deck on since 2014 but I use the snow blower every winter and the requirements are the same. I would suggest releasing the brake and then turning on the PTO.

·
Registered
725 Posts
One difference between the Mid PTO and the Rear PTO is that the rear PTO is designed to be operated with the operator on or off the seat. There is no implement for the front that is designed to operate with the operator off the seat. I found last year when I was operating my WC-46 Wood Chipper that I had to have the brake on, gear shift in neutral and I had to be off the seat to operate the rear PTO. If I turned it on while in the seat and then tried to get off to feed the chipper the tractor stopped. On the front PTO, I have to be in gear, setting on the seat and the brake has to be released before I turn on the PTO or it won't work.

·
Premium Member
17,171 Posts
Yep , need to be in the seat, brake pedal released , lever in the mid position , and with engine at idle pull up on the pto lever. . If brake is pressed, and you pull up on the lever , will not engage the deck, Need to push the lever back down , release break pedal , tractor in L or H engage the pto switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know there is a few years difference between my 2012 1026r and your 2020 1025R, but I need to be in gear, but on the seat and the brake released to engage the front PTO. I haven't had my mower deck on since 2014 but I use the snow blower every winter and the requirements are the same. I would suggest releasing the brake and then turning on the PTO.
Thanks, Sundancer, I just tried to get it to work again. Rear PTO works with me in the seat, brake on or off, in gear or out of gear. Mid and Mid/Rear setting the switch does not light up and there is no mechanical response in gear, out of gear, brake on or off. I have also removed the mower deck and have tried all of the possible settings to make sure that the mower deck PTO attachment was not mechanically frozen. Seems to be some type of electrical switch, relay, or fuse. It is frustrating since my tractor is only a few months old and it is the first time connecting a very expensive implement!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Time to call your dealer.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am sorry, it sounds like a trip to the dealer is in your future. I am sure you are under warranty yet so I would not mess around with it to much. Do you have the factory service manual, it is the only real way to fully understand and trouble shoot the problem? I was provided with my 1026R manual when I bought my tractor, was part of the deal I made at the last second before I signed on the dotted line. Unfortunately, I am sure there have been several changes to the tractors since 2012 so my manual won't be of any help for the 2020 1025R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep , need to be in the seat, brake pedal released , lever in the mid position , and with engine at idle pull up on the pto lever. . If brake is pressed, and you pull up on the lever , will not engage the deck, Need to push the lever back down , release break pedal , tractor in L or H engage the pto switch.
Gene, Thank you. I have tried all of these suggestions. Since the rear works fine alone but not in the other two settings? Is it possible that it might be a bad sensor in the seat keeping the circuit open?

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
98 Posts
Fuse block is behind side panel in the structure that holds the steering wheel and dashboard. I saw a fuse block diagram somewhere, maybe a sticker, or maybe in manual.

edit: yes, it could be a safety switch too
Edit 2: other posts say their problem was a faulty reverse pedal safety switch, which you can bypass any safety switch to test

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fuse block is behind side panel in the structure that holds the steering wheel and dashboard. I saw a fuse block diagram somewhere, maybe a sticker, or maybe in manual.

edit: yes, it could be a safety switch too
Edit 2: other posts say their problem was a faulty reverse pedal safety switch
Thanks for your insight. I guess it is back to the dealership.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Easy way to test the seat switch is to leave it in gear and get off the seat, the tractor should quit. If it does, the seat switch is good.

·
Premium Member
17,171 Posts
Not saying you haven't tried this, just wondering reach under the tractor (with engine off) and turn the mid pto shaft by hand. See if it will turn when the lever is in the forward or middle position . If it will not turn lever is engaged, if it turns then lever isn't engaging. If it turns, then try pushing the lever forward again to the front position.

I know sometimes I have to put my in Rear position and engage the rear pto . and then lever will engage in the front position.

Just a thought.

Reactions: JoeM.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Got the reverse problem with my 2025R: rear PTO won't work. Suspect the solenoid is bad for the rear. They're picking it up Friday morning.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did you have a snow blower on before you tryed the deck, because isnt there a wire connection up front that has to be hooked up to run the mmm? I would look up by the front to see

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Problem Solved. Thank you, everyone! I took the tractor to the service department and asked the manager to see if he could get it to work. No success and he suggested that it was likely a loose wiring connection. He said that it would be 2 weeks to get it into the shop. I came home and decided to see if there was anything obvious under the seat where he suggested that the connection was. 4 Phillips head screws and 2 13mm bolts later I found a broken spring that moved the switch for the forward-reverse sensor. I called the dealership parts department. No spring in stock! So I did what any other person would use for a temporary fix to get my mowing done. No, I didn't use Duck Tape. I reversed the spring and used a Zip tie! See pics below. BTW, I discovered, through trial, on a 1025R 2020 model year, that as long as you are in the seat with the engine on, it does not matter if you have the brake on or off, are in or out of gear, or are pressing the forward pedal. The mid-PTO will come on when you push the switch. The only times it will not come on are if you are not in the seat or are depressing the reverse pedal. Thanks again. Mowing is done! Time for a beer!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts