Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot move the lever from mmm to mmm/rear pto or just rear pto on my 2018 1025r. I have pulled on it pretty hard. Don’t want to use a hammer. Any suggestion on how to move the lever towards the front of the tractor. The mmm pto works fine just can’t unselect it to rear pto.

·
Premium Member
13,413 Posts
Have you tried "bumping" the PTO. In other words, just flip it on and right back off, usually that will release any pressure.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to get a little JD Superlube into the mechanisms at the bottom of the lever. Some of these places aren't on the normal maintenance schedule, although I know many people make a regular effort to lube everything that moves.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yup, usually does the trick
I agree it has happened before to me. Just a quick activation and should be all set. It’s not a common thing but it has happened before to me more than once. The rear pto has stuck as well. I’ll say do it with low rpms no need to have the engine wide open for it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I’ve noticed something similar with the range selector. Sometimes you need to roll a few inches or bump a pedal for a second ( while I’m neutral) to get it to shift into gear. I’m assuming this is normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
I’ve noticed something similar with the range selector. Sometimes you need to roll a few inches or bump a pedal for a second ( while I’m neutral) to get it to shift into gear. I’m assuming this is normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. The transmission uses straight cut gears and if there is any tension at all on the drive train the range selector can be difficult to move.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts