Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, if it was not Thanksgiving, I would go out to the tractor (1025R), pull off the backhoe and conduct this experiment, but if I did, I would have to bring a pillow and a blanket and sleep in the bucket. I will not be able to check for a few days. This is one of those things that will keep me up at night (like wondering why all the odd numbers have the letter “e” in them).
I put wheels on my landscape rake today (I got it in before we were in full Thanksgiving mode). I know my three point has no down pressure only gravity but when I adjust the height of the rake with the wheels, do I put the three point setting in the full down mode? If I do, will this allow the three point arms lift up and down without resistance like a float mode on the bucket?
Crap, I have the letter”e” thing in my head again!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
OK, if it was not Thanksgiving, I would go out to the tractor (1025R), pull off the backhoe and conduct this experiment, but if I did, I would have to bring a pillow and a blanket and sleep in the bucket. I will not be able to check for a few days. This is one of those things that will keep me up at night (like wondering why all the odd numbers have the letter “e” in them).
I put wheels on my landscape rake today (I got it in before we were in full Thanksgiving mode). I know my three point has no down pressure only gravity but when I adjust the height of the rake with the wheels, do I put the three point setting in the full down mode? If I do, will this allow the three point arms lift up and down without resistance like a float mode on the bucket?
Crap, I have the letter”e” thing in my head again!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving
The 3 point will mechanically float. You would not have to put the lever all the way down, but it won’t hurt anything. Think of the lever as the lower limit—it can always go up

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
The 3 point will mechanically float. You would not have to put the lever all the way down, but it won’t hurt anything. Think of the lever as the lower limit—it can always go up
Yep, the 3 point hitch is essentially always in float mode since it has no down force other than gravity on the implement.

Reactions: keane and Chief850

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,736 Posts
There is a distinct advantage to giving that 3 point its full range of motion, especially when working on uneven ground, if using guide wheels my vote would be to let the 3 point all the way down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts